Multiple bugs and issues with Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multiple bugs and issues with Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Joeyrub, I am going to send you a Private Message so that I can get your account number and 4 digit PIN. This is definitely not the DISH experience that we would want you to have. We want to get this resolved for you. I look forward to further assisting you in the Private Message. 

boothehoos
Extra
Are the issues related to multi-view under investigation by Dish? I've encountered the same instability issues as the previous commentor since I first used my Hopper 3 in April 2017. In fact, I ceased using the feature for several months in the hope that Dish would resolve the issue. Tried to use it tonight, BOOM, the box eventually became unusable, unable to present any audio/video (live tv or DVR). A soft reset of the box (via the power button on the remote) did not resolve the issue and the box had to be rebooted to restore service.

Surely Dish is aware of the issue and is working towards resolution, right? Does Dish conduct QA on its software? How does this issue linger for months (years) through multiple software releases without a resolution?

Please spare us from the rudimentary troubleshooting steps and route this issue back to your software developers and implore them to FIX THE ISSUE! Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.

DISH Employee

boothehoos, Our Engineer Team is aware of the issue and are working on a proper solution. They have advised to make sure customers are not trying to access more than one recording/ VOD/game at the same time until they are able to see why this is happening. 

Same thing here for me. Took me 19 seconds to open the menu screen on one of my Joey's. Customer rep said that was normal. I know when I got it it was almost instantaneously open

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer

@Dirtracer3232 wrote:
Same thing here for me. Took me 19 seconds to open the menu screen on one of my Joey's. Customer rep said that was normal. I know when I got it it was almost instantaneously open

Wow, marketing nonsense 101. Turn a bug into a feature and say it is suppsoed to be like that. THAT IS NOT NORMAL. That is lazy software development, software bloat, and crappy excuses for bad engineering. 

Sadly, there is no good system anymore. Not AT&T, Not Comcast. Not DirectTV. And now, Dish is loosing their edge.

I am thinking it is getting very close to cutting the cord (or smashing the dish) and going to Hulu and other streaming services. I find myself using my Amazon Fire and Roku box more and more.  If I can get my wife comfortable with using it for TV, and find a way to easily integrate all our off air programming, that will be my next system. 

This is truly a sad answer from Dish. 

DISH Employee

Hello, Dirtracer3232. I hate to hear that your Joey has a 19 second delay. That's definitely not normal at all. Is this happening when changing the channel, accessing menus, or both? If you use the front panel, is there this delay too? 

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer

@CalebS wrote:

Hello, Dirtracer3232. I hate to hear that your Joey has a 19 second delay. That's definitely not normal at all. Is this happening when changing the channel, accessing menus, or both? If you use the front panel, is there this delay too? 

So CalebS. For some reason, I just know you are going to tell him to check the batteries in his remote, right? I sure hope not. You might want to go back though this whole discussion to see the discussion on the remote being the problem.  THIS IS NOT A REMOTE PROBLEM. Please go read the thread. Thank you

Monken
Extra

I have had the Hopper 3 since it first came out.  I called on the multi view feature not working on day 1.  A technician came out replaced the box and new unit didn’t work either.  I have called multiple times since and it has never worked or been fixed.

So users have had some success with full screen 4 shows?  Mine crashes 100% of the time and has never worked.

DISH Employee

Hi Monken, I hate to hear you are having problems with the multi view feature on your Hopper. I'd like to look into this and submit some feedback to our engineers so they can see what is causing the issue. Are you getting any errors before it crashes? Does rebooting the Hopper have any effect?

Monken
Extra

The picture simply goes to blank when I try to multiview (options picture in picture multiview).  Split screen works fine and all other settings.  Multiview crashes the Picture.  I have hdmi and rca as well for audio.  The audio does not crash.  

Troubleshooting, I purchased a new hdmi cable from monoprice that is rated 4K hdr 18gbps 28awg cl2.  Can you email or text?  wesmonken@gmail.com.  618-918-8065.

thanks

wes