Multiple Recordings of same episode

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Recordings of same episode

scotar
Audio Engineer
I sometimes get multiple recordings of the same episode when I have a timer set on my H3.

Right now I have a timer set to record the show "SIX".

In the folder I have 6 recordings of episode 1 (all varying lengths from 30 minutes to 1 hr 5 mins ) and 6 recordings of episode 2.

Timer is set for New and Reruns.

This has happened before I updated to U336.
3 Replies

Re: Multiple Recordings of same episode

salyardsjp
Character Actor
Is this show currently broadcasting new episodes, or are you trying to catch it in syndication/rerun? If you only want new episodes, change your timer to new episodes only. That will trigger the DVR to record only the episodes aired with the tag NEW or with no tag as to the original air date. You may still get duplicates if reruns are tagged NEW or untagged at all, but duplicates should diminish.

scotar
Audio Engineer
It is a new series. I missed episode 1 soI set to catch re-runs so it would catch episode 1 on a re-run.

The other one I noticed doing it is Leah Remini show on Scientology. The AMA's have mutiple recordings along sith a few episode.

An episode should only be marked "New" once.

Wiggins
Extra
My Hopper was doing this too. (before it crashed this morning) It was as if it didn't recognize the previously recorded SAME Episode as the SAME episode. Around that same time this problem developed ( around Jan 1st) I had recordings Fail. I know it recorded. I had already watched the recording, but when I attempted to watch it again, I would select Start Over, I would see about a second of black screen, then the end of recording DELETE/ DVR/ Live TV menu would pop up. I have no answers for you.