Moving satellite from roof to a pole in the ground

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving satellite from roof to a pole in the ground

How in the world does one get a hold of someone at dish who can tell me how to set up and schedule my dish satellite being moved from the roof to a pole anchored in the ground?

5 Replies

Re: Moving satellite from roof to a pole in the ground

Chadt4141
Casting Director
You would schedule a relocation of the antenna, however there is likely a fee for that($50 custom work order and whatever the tech fee is) and verifying that digSafe marks your lines before Dish comes out.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

Because of too many trees, I've never had my dish mounted on my house. I've had it mounted on a 4x4 which I have moved 3 times because of my and neighbors trees getting bigger.  I had to buy a 100 foot RG-6 cable because the pole is now about 85' from the entry into the garage attic. If you know there is no lines burried in your yard, cut a 4"-6" line in the lawn to bury the cable. Do not splice cables together with a connector. The connector and the copper lead will rust/corrode. Do not change the skew or elevation setting. The mounting pole of the dish must be perfect vertical. When turning the dish for signal, turn only 1/8" at a time. Get the left sat first.

Thanks for the reply!  Sure wish I understood everything you said!!  I'm useless when it comes to applying your solution; I'm an old lady and don't have the ability to follow through as you've advised!  Unfortunately I have to rely on DISH to help me.  The issue is getting assistance from them (too long a wait holding on line).  And it's hard to understand a tech whose accent is so heavy that I cannot really understand what they are saying.  Thanks anyway!!

The issue with DISH is the long wait on the phone and then not being able to understand the tech due to a heavy foreign accent.  But thanks, I'll try again on Monday!

DISH Employee

We can assist here on Dish Communities over Private Message! If you need to set up a tech to move your DISH, contact us over Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so we can get that set up.