Moving a Hopper Receiver

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a Hopper Receiver

Mister Bill
Character Actor
I have built on to my house. One of my Hoppers is being moved to the opposite end of the house from where it's currently at. My question is should I run a complete new run of coax from the dish or just extend/couple it from it's current location? If I couple it, would I need a booster or anything to boost the signal? The distance would be about 30' - 40'.
3 Replies

Re: Moving a Hopper Receiver

DISH Employee
Mister Bill wrote:
I have built on to my house. One of my Hoppers is being moved to the opposite end of the house from where it's currently at. My question is should I run a complete new run of coax from the dish or just extend/couple it from it's current location? If I couple it, would I need a booster or anything to boost the signal? The distance would be about 30' - 40'.

We would recommend running a whole new cable to make it a single line. The receivers do not need any kind of boosters until about 150'. Even if you attach a barrel connector to extend the coax you should not need a booster for 40'.

Mister Bill
Character Actor
IsraelH wrote:
[

We would recommend running a whole new cable to make it a single line. The receivers do not need any kind of boosters until about 150'. Even if you attach a barrel connector to extend the coax you should not need a booster for 40'.[/quote]

Thank you!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You wouldn't run it from the dish. You'd run it from the Host port on the node or hub.