cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Move dish antenna

kenndave
Character Actor

Getting my roof replaced and I want to move the Dish antenna to a pole in the yard. I have set up the appoinment but not given much info as to what I have to do before they come out. Do I need to supply the pole? If so, are there any special requirements that I need to take before it's moved?

4 Replies

Re: Move dish antenna

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
One important things, you’ll need to call digsafe to have the lines marked prior to them being able to do a pole mount.

SandraSNS
Character Actor

Hello!  I had the same situation before but it was at least nearly 10 years ago and I didnt need to do anything to prepare for the relocation.  The techician came out with the supplies, including the "pole" he needed, moved the dish (actaully he put a new dish up, dicarded or took the dish with him I can't recall) and he ran the wires that now had to run underground (about 2-ish feet down if even), which he checked the area safely, from the house to the location I and the technician agreed on where the dish woud get the best reception and it would not be in the way.  I have had a perfect signal and its been in that same spot for nearly a decade.   On a more recent event my neighbor just got dish network set up over a month ago and it was sone the same way. The tech had all the supplies, ran the wires safely and less than 2 feet underground.  Moving it from the roof should be the same as the 2 situtions I described.  Good luck and hope my information/proof helps you with Dish Network installing from your roof.

kenndave
Character Actor

Thanks so much for the info!! Great help Smiley Happy

SandraSNS
Character Actor

Your very welcome!!! Hope it helps you a lot!!