Move PT recordings to a folder

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move PT recordings to a folder

planopete
Extra
I got got the Hopper 3 with Sling. I have created folders and have been able to move non Prime Time to the folders, but cannot move Prime time shows I have recorded to the folders. I followed the instructions on the Hopper 3 video on channel 103, but have not had any luck. Looks the the software version is U233 4/12/2017, 5:47Pm. Any suggestions?
3 Replies

Re: Move PT recordings to a folder

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Primetime recordings cannot be moved until the days saved has expired - if you set to save for 2 days (rather than the default of 8 days) then you can move them after the 2 days has passed, otherwise you need to wait till the 8 days have passed.

DISH Employee
planopete wrote:
I got got the Hopper 3 with Sling. I have created folders and have been able to move non Prime Time to the folders, but cannot move Prime time shows I have recorded to the folders. I followed the instructions on the Hopper 3 video on channel 103, but have not had any luck. Looks the the software version is U233 4/12/2017, 5:47Pm. Any suggestions?

Hello planopete. While the Hopper is an amazing piece of equipment, is does have a few limitations and nuances. The PTAT recordings can't be moved to another folder. You'll have to modify the recording if you're wanting to do this. Start with "save series" of the program you're wanting in your folder. Then edit the timer for that show, go almost the bottom and save it to your named folder.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
I have had the Hopper 3 since February of 2016, and I know that It was not [b:1zfsvc81]ALWAYS [/b:1zfsvc81]this way. Previously, we were able to use the "Manage Recordings" function to move recordings almost immediately following the completion of the recording. I spend a lot of time working with my H3 system, so when something changes, I pretty much know it right away.

I spent HOURS on this, and I know that there was a [b:1zfsvc81]recent [/b:1zfsvc81]change (within the past 2 months or so) to the way this works. I started asking the same question as you and was able to verify (with at least one other member of this and another forum) that this was definitely a recent change

One other thing we have discovered: Programming that falls into the "PrimeTime" time-slots [b:1zfsvc81]CAN [/b:1zfsvc81]be moved immediately [b:1zfsvc81]If [/b:1zfsvc81]you create your own timers to record those programs, [b:1zfsvc81]as long as you have PTAT turned off[/b:1zfsvc81]. For now, that is my "workaround", as having the ability to move to my EHD sooner than 8 days is more important to me than recordiing every network program between 8 & 11PM

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth, FWIW :)