Model 54 remote and Sharp Aquos TV won't work!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model 54 remote and Sharp Aquos TV won't work!

AaronE
Character Actor

My Sharp Aquos is about 3 years old. The factory remote works perfectly with it as well as my old DirecTV remote. My brand new super fancy uber model Dish 54 remote will not work with it.

Have tried every trick I can find on the internets (using Visio and Hisense) codes as well as manually scrolling through all 44 Sharp codes to no avail.

I have manually added the TV by searching (and finding) the exact model and it still doesn't work. 2 calls to Dish customer service with no change. I seem to be more educated on this issue than they are. I am an unhappy (and very new) customer.

The input select button also doesn't work on every other TV in my house using their respective model 54 remotes. This remote fails at basic functionality in my opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2 Replies

Re: Model 54 remote and Sharp Aquos TV wont work!

AaronE
Character Actor

my tv model is LC-60UQ17U

Re: Model 54 remote and Sharp Aquos TV wont work!

DISH Employee

AaronE, we do not have any additional codes to pair the remote to the TV. The codes that you find in the TV Pairing Wizard are the only codes that we have. If you are unable to find a working code to pair the remote to the TV, then the DISH remote is not compatible with your TV.

Is the remote working for the receiver?