cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Missing local stations

dionysus55
Character Actor

I have never been able to receive the local stations Dish bills me for. Over the years I have given up complaining. Lately they raised the price for these stations Insult to injury so I brought it up again and they sent me another box A vip 211k. After hooking it up and with bated breath I waited for my programing. Still no local channels I am at a loss any help from the community would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing local stations

dionysus55
Character Actor

Cadt4141 good to know it was kept from me. It would have been so easy just to say quit billing me for something you can't provide. Oh wait that is exactly what I did 10 times. They won't do it again I'll quote you. Thanks for your answer.

7 Replies

Wesslvm
Extra
Had same problem when using Dish in motorhome. I'm in the northeast and I found I was pointed to satellites on western arc and needed to be on eastern arc. Problem solved.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Locals are optional. If you cannot receive them, why do you still subscribe to them?

DISH Employee

Hey, dionysus55! I hate to hear you've been having this problem with the local stations. I'd love to check some things with you to see if we can get this worked out. Also, Chadt4141 is correct. Most of our programming packages allow you to remove the local stations so you aren't charged, and we can definitely look into doing this for you.

Will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please?

dionysus55
Character Actor

Until recently I was told a package could not be busted up, if you wanted top 120 then you had to pay for local stations they were part of the package. Each time they tried to solve problem but failed I just said screw it I was to busy to care. Right now they cut my bill back 12.00 dollars and sent me a new box. The new box was suppose to fix it I suspect my bill will go back up. Unless I go thru the same thing over and over again. I don't have the time or energy to deal with this. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You have been able to remove the locals since 2016. If you removed them, then that is not a credit. It is a charge being removed from your bill. You can even remove them and add them yourself at mydish webpage. You’re welcome to go visit it, and make sure it is unselected.

dionysus55
Character Actor

Wesslym I will check on your point as soon as I can. Maybe your right I'll let you know Thanks for your answer.

dionysus55
Character Actor

Cadt4141 good to know it was kept from me. It would have been so easy just to say quit billing me for something you can't provide. Oh wait that is exactly what I did 10 times. They won't do it again I'll quote you. Thanks for your answer.