Missing Amazon Alexa icon?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Amazon Alexa icon?

MJWesty
Character Actor
I am a brand new customer and 've been with online chat and phone-in tech support to no avail. They are sending a new receiver but the tech support rep stated that he is sure this will not fix the problem, and that the issue is with my router! All other devices are working fine, though.

The Amazon Alexa app/icon is nowhere to be found, the receiver was installed last Saturday and appears to have the current software update, U237.

Just wondering if this problem has turned up elsewhere?
3 Replies

Re: Missing Amazon Alexa icon?

stile99
Cinematographer
What receiver are we talking about? With that software version, it doesn't sound like it is the Hopper 3.

Have you enabled the Alexa skill in the Alexa app?

MJWesty
Character Actor
Hopper 2, have enabled Alexa skill, next step after that is to obtain code from receiver after selecting Alexa app in receiver settings, but it isn't there to select.

MJWesty
Character Actor
So a couple of hours ago I moved the DISH receiver a couple feet away from my Blu-ray player and out from under the TV, raised the antenna on the back of the receiver and just checked and found the Alexa app....interference perhaps?

Anyway, I went ahead with the Alexa setup and the first attempt to have Alexa control the receiver seemed to work but led to Alexa saying there was a problem, but the channel I requested did change after about 30 seconds. The next attempt to have Alexa control the receiver failed.

I decided to try setup again and when I got to the Alexa skill screen on my phone it occurred to me that it was the same screen I had seen the first time. What is weird is that there are two choices on this screen; Connect your DISH account with Amazon and Link you DISH receiver with your Alexa devices. Only the first one is checked and I cannot select the second option. When I click next it says unable to link DISH TV at this time.

:roll: