cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Meredith Corp

dqboyd
Extra

Is the loss of Meredith Corp channels a problem for other users?    I'm ready to leave Dish if they can't get it fixed.  CBS is my primary channel, I live in an area where an Antenna won't work, outside of PHoenix,, and don't want to pay more to Meredith and set up another supplier to get CBS.     Nor do I have Amazon Prime

30 Replies

Re: Meredith Corp

Russ
Character Actor

I lost FOX in Portland, not a problem for me now but when the NFL season starts..... major problem.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Where in the Metro area does an antenna not work? A rooftop antenna should be more than sufficient as far out as San tan valley, and as far north as Cave Creek scottsdale...

Maryann
Extra

I am contacting dish today and if the problem is not solved soon without a substanial price increase, I will be switching to Direct.

BeckyA1963
Extra
I'm also not happy about losing my local channel and yes if they don't get it resolved very fast I'm dropping dish and going somewhere else

DISH Employee

We truly appreciate your patiences in dealing with these matters, everyone. Meredith Corporation is demanding a significant increase to what we currently pay for their stations. DISH offered to extend the contract so viewers would not be impacted but Meredith Corporation refused this offer. We believe in being transparent with our customers, which is why we created http://dishpromise.com. On the website, you can get the latest information on this negotiation, as well as send additional feedback, which is reviewed daily. For CBS you can also visit CBS.com/all-access to watch live local content, as well.

Adj174
Extra
You know what dish! I pay you $180 a month! You took HBO and now took away my local channel and you raise my bill every year and now you want me to buy an antenna and see if I can watch one channel with it. Let me know why I need to stay with you again? I’m been with you 15 years! Where is my reward for my loyalty???

DISH Employee

We definitely understand the frustrations and inconvenience that comes along with contract disputes and negotiations, Adj174. Periodically, DISH and channel owners negotiate deals so that we may offer you high-quality content at a fair value. We work to not only reach an agreement, but a long-term agreement for our customers and more often than not we reach agreements without an issue. We can  research this a bit further for you and hopefully provide you with a bit more specific information and possible offers. If you wish, please Private Message us with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so we can access and review your account.

btw10410
Extra

But then eventually you'll have the same problem. DISH is installing an antenna at no cost so we can watch CBS.

henerey
Character Actor

Why can't the Guide show us the shows we're missing? Why do we we have to visit CBS, ABC and Fox dot coms or other Guide-type websites to see that? Not hard on the computer but I don't have a computer in my tv room.