Manual timers completely broken

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual timers completely broken

BillK
Audio Engineer

If I create a manual timer to Auto-Tune something weekly, I go through all the steps for the time to fire every Sunday and it's "created" as priority 2.

You cannot change the priority of the timer. You can select it but priority up/down do absolutely nothing. If you want to change its priority, you have to move other timer events around it.

If I check immediately after creating it for every Sunday, the Hopper 3 shows it has decided to schedule it for later today , not every Sunday as I told it to.

If I then Edit Timer and change it back to Sunday, it accepts it... and never schedules it.

Then if you select Edit Timer and try and edit the timer duration, you can change the start time, but the end time is blank and cannot be selected at all. (Though the earlier non-edit screen has the current start and end time, but doesn't list the day of the week for it.)

This used to work fine but as far as I can tell anything having to do with manual timers (at least Auto-Tune ones) is completely broken.

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: Manual timers completely broken

DISH Employee
After reviewing this on the Hopper 3, all of these features should be functioning correctly. All Auto-tunes should be able to have an end time and first priority. We need to make sure your Hopper has the newest software available. When you press the House button 3 times you will get to the Diagnostics screen and the software version should be U5.03.

BillK
Audio Engineer
Yes, U503 10/19/2017 12:56 AM

Here is a step-by step:

1) Go to the Timers tab under DVR
2) Press the red button
3) Click "Create a Timer"
4) Pick a Channel
5) Set Frequency to Weekly
6) Set Date to Sunday
7) Set a time like 8:11 AM - 2:17 PM
8) Set type to Auto-Tune
9) Create Timer

When you now go into the Timers list, when you move the selection box over the timer you will see the proper times, 8:11 AM - 2:17 PM listed on the right side of the screen.

However, if you select the timer and choose Edit Timer, then scroll down to Time and hit Enter, you will see the Start Time but the End Time boxes will contain just dashes and will be greyed out and [b:8mxd7c25]cannot[/b:8mxd7c25] be selected at all. If you press the right button on the remote, as it leaves the Start Time boxes it will jump straight to "Save."

Then if you click on "Timer Schedule" you will see it tell you it is scheduled to record some other day than the one you chose; sometimes I see today, others Monday. If you click "Edit Timer" you will see even though you told it every Sunday, it now believes it is every (whatever random day it comes up with.)

Finally, if you go into "Manage Timers" and try to change timer priorities, if you select the Auto-Tune events you cannot adjust their priority; they remain at the top of the list and all you can do is move other timer events around them (so to change it to priority 2, you would have to move a different event to priority 1.)

All this behavior is completely reproducible 100% of the time.

DISH Employee
Thank you. I followed these exact steps and I was able to create it as priority 1. You might have the show on priority one protected and that's why you can't change it. Also, there will not be an end time when you create an Auto-tune since its not recording when you are setting it up.

BillK
Audio Engineer
SamanthaF wrote:
Thank you. I followed these exact steps and I was able to create it as priority 1. You might have the show on priority one protected and that's why you can't change it. Also, there will not be an end time when you create an Auto-tune since its not recording when you are setting it up.

But why does the day of the week not stay what you set it as? That's the broken bit.

When you set it for "Sunday, Weekly" you shouldn't go back to edit it to find it instead labeled as "Monday, Weekly."

Also, it gets created as Priority 1, but you can't change its priority at all. You can move other events above it, but you can't lower the auto-tune timer's priority; perhaps that too is a side effect of it being an auto-tune timer.

DISH Employee
I can go ahead and submit your feedback to our tech ops team to look into it further. Can you send a private message with your account number or phone number and 4 digit PIN?

BillK
Audio Engineer
Account number sent, thanks.