Maintebnance messages from Dish while watching a program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintebnance messages from Dish while watching a program

skydad
Extra

I'm new to Dish, having suffered with Direct for 14 years.  I am wondering why Dish sends out messages once in a while that indicate they are doing maintenace or updating my receiver.  this is particularly aggravating when I'm watching a show from an area away from my remote, because you have to click on the remote to get the program back.  This has happened to me a total of 3 times during the evening between 9 and 10 pm and once when I was watching a late movie around midnight.  My son also has Dish and he said his does that too.  Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

1 Reply

Re: Maintebnance messages from Dish while watching a program

DISH Employee

Hey skydad, sounds like your system is trying to go through a Software Update. I know these can be a bit aggravating when you are in the middle of an exciting program. If the system is unable to update at its designated time 1AM-3AM (by default) it will attempt to update through out the day. I'd be happy to walk you through changing the time/ hours.  

If you are at the Hopper, you will want to select the HOUSE button on the remote twice > Settings > Power > Inactivity Time Out (not recommend to be turned off): https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/set-display