Macro blocking and stuttering with Live TV, buffer okay

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro blocking and stuttering with Live TV, buffer okay

scotar
Audio Engineer
Recently my H3 has been getting macro blocking and pixelating and occasionally stuttering while watching live TV. Kind of like when signal is fading. But if I back up in the buffer, the scenes that had the macro blocking are showing fine. Not a thing wrong with it.

What could be causing this? My short term fix is to pause it for about 30 seconds and watch the buffer.
5 Replies

Re: Macro blocking and stuttering with Live TV, buffer okay

DISH Employee
scotar wrote:
Recently my H3 has been getting macro blocking and pixelating and occasionally stuttering while watching live TV. Kind of like when signal is fading. But if I back up in the buffer, the scenes that had the macro blocking are showing fine. Not a thing wrong with it.

What could be causing this? My short term fix is to pause it for about 30 seconds and watch the buffer.

Just to check some things with you so I know what is going on. Have there been any wires changed recently like to connect a game or Blu-Ray Player? Is it overcast in your area?

Please press the buttons of; [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Receiver to get the Software Version for me. After doing that, exit back to live TV and press the buttons on the remote of; [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Whole Home. Do all Moca signal strengths show Green?

scotar
Audio Engineer
Mike H. wrote:
Just to check some things with you so I know what is going on. Have there been any wires changed recently like to connect a game or Blu-Ray Player? Is it overcast in your area?

Please press the buttons of; [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Receiver to get the Software Version for me. After doing that, exit back to live TV and press the buttons on the remote of; [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Whole Home. Do all Moca signal strengths show Green?

Sorry. I have been busy.

There have been no changes with any wiring. Have not noticed if it is overcast when it does it. I'll check next time.

Software is U347 and the only MOCA device is linked and strong.

logdog
Visual Engineer
Several of us are having the same problem. Check post: "Hopper randomly drops audio". It seems to be something with the H3 or software. I spent half an hour on the line with tech support two days ago and still didn't fully resolve this issue.

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
I don't believe it is h3 only. Also do not believe it is live tv only. I rarely watch shows live because I hate commercials and I noticed about 3-4 months ago I was having this issue on recordings. It was almost like whatever was on live tv would try and break thru into my show (for instance if my mom was watching dancing with the stars, little bits of that would show up on swamp people for like 1-2 seconds) then if I rewinded my program it was fine. It would happen randomly thru programs but almost every night it would happen. Idk what caused it but it was around the same time that the timers started skipping recordings. So I think it was a glitch with the update around the end of January.
Anyway I have changed nothing and I just put the new interface on my hopper with sling about 3-4 days ago. I am not sure if it has happened since then. And weather had nothing to do with it. Like I said the recording itself was fine it was like it was having issues with playback all of a sudden like it couldn't remember which tv got which program.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I haven't seen this problem with my H3 nor Joeys. However I don't use MoCA for Joeys, RG45 CAT6 LAN cabling for Joeys. H3 is connect RG6 with the Dish outside. Then LAN connected to my main host router for internet services via Gb LAN switch with all 3 Joeys I have connected. Live TV has not been stuttering or pixelating.
U349 on H3. 5/16/2017.