Lost signal

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost signal

Cindy1
Character Actor

DISH is total crap if you have even one cloud in the area or if it's too hot. Customer service is total inept to figure anything out. If you look at their outage map, it covers almost 1/2 the United States. Come on DISH, get into this century on your equipment. There is no reason this should be happening to anyone, much less half the U.S. Reading through the numerous comments, I'm not the only one having issues. Other issue is if you are a current customer, you do not get any kind of customer service at your house. All equipment is mailed to you, expecting you to hook it up and return the replaced equipment. Are you kidding me DISH? We pay high amounts for satellite service, GIVE IT TO US NOW! I agree with some of the comments that we all should file a class action suit against you. Stop making us call every other day just to get you to do something about it, you should be giving all of us credit on our accounts for missing shows due to clouds, YOUR outages, etc.  Just looked at my bill, no credit was given for lost signals due to your equipment after you said you would give me a credit.

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Lost signal

DISH Employee

Hello, Cindy1. I hate to hear that you're unhappy with our services. I complete understand how frustrating signal issues can be. You definitely shouldn't be having an issue getting a signal during hot or cloudy days. This normally would take a heavy rain or snow storm in your area to impact it as the little drops or flakes do act as little mirrors reflecting your signal. These would be the only times it would normal to experience signal loss. If you're having issues when there isn't a heavy storm near by, there definitely could be another cause such as a misalignment at your Dish Antenna. This is something we would want a technician to address as replacement receiver rarely resolve signal issue. 

I do see you have a concern regarding your bill and I would love to get to the bottom of this concern as well. Can you please send me a Private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? 

Gojuldeb
Extra
The main cause of lost signal is loose connections. The tech came out and fixed my system and when I came home from work signal was lost again. I re checked the connection and found out my dog go I g behind the couch was brushing up against the fitting and was slowly loosening it again. Just make sure all connections are hand tightened and thats 50% of your trouble right there.

Rogijimbex
Extra

We are very close to canceling our account. We continuously lose signal whenever it rains, blows or seemingly threatens weather conditions that are not optimal. Had the Fox Sports Wisconsin mess not been resolved we would have immediately canceled. We've never had good signal even when the dish was adjusted. Too much money for too little service. Roger Beck

DISH Employee

We definitely would not want to see you leave our DISH family due to this situation, Roger. I would be happy to help in any way I can to get a resolution in place for you. I have reached out to you on your Facebook comment for further assistance. If you would prefer, I would be happy to help on this platform as well. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039