Lost signal - one channel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost signal - one channel

MartinRay52
Extra
Only one channel in my entire line up of channels looses signal and blacks out about every minute or so and flashes the reconnecting screen about every 7 or 8 minutes. All other channels work fine. The channel this is happening with is FoxNews...really, seriously, no other channels.
Anybody ever heard of this? Maybe Dish can explain this to me.
4 Replies

Re: Lost signal - one channel

Community Manager
Community Manager
There could be other channels that have been affected, but haven't noticed yet. This usually happens when you're still getting a strong enough signal from one of the satellites, but not from others.

What signal loss message are you getting on your screen? Do you see a signal code (ex: 11-12-11)?

MartinRay52
Extra
I'll keep checking channels, for now, on FoxNews, I continuously get an Information 316 window stating loss of signal on recorded content. The big loss of signal window I get flashes so fast and infrequent that all I've caught is 015a in the upper right hand corner.

MartinRay52 wrote:
I'll keep checking channels, for now, on FoxNews, I continuously get an Information 316 window stating loss of signal on recorded content. The big loss of signal window I get flashes so fast and infrequent that all I've caught is 015a in the upper right hand corner.

We may need to get a tech out there. Have you tried anything like a check switch test or unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds to reset it?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

MartinRay52
Extra
Ok, so I caught a good glimpse of the loss of signal windows that keep popping up, they alternate between "Partial Signal Loss" and "Complete Signal Loss". The code for both is all zero's 00-00-00.
I found a few other channels that act similar: 108 Lifetime 110 Food Network
112 HGTV 246 Velocity

Oh, and I tried a restart...nothing.