Lost Recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Recordings

drwhit73
Extra
Hopper 3 did its 1 a.m. shutdown the other night and when it came back on most of my recordings were trashed. The % used went from 82% to 5%. I had well over 1000 recordings. The recordings are still showing as there, but when I try to play most of them, they won't play, all that pops up is the box that shows when they are done playing. After the attempt to play them, they show the error 05. There are a few scattered recordings that will play but these are very few. I have reset, unplugged and reset, done a partial restore, but nothing works. I think it ruined my recordings for good. Any recordings that have recorded since that night play without any issues, it is only the ones that were recorded before that night that are ruined. Anyone else seen this? The software is U343 and has not been updated since early February. Anyone else have this issue?
2 Replies

Re: Lost Recordings

DISH Employee
When you press the buttons of; [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Status > Check Status > Yes and allow box A to reach 100%, what are you getting in Field E?

When you reset the Hopper 3, did it change anything from before? How many times has the 05 message appeared in the last 60 days?

Re: Lost Recordings

drwhit73
Extra
Box E shows all green checks (Satellites 119, 110,129). The 05 message only showed up after this restart, but it happened on almost 1000 recordings. Resetting made no obvious changes.