Locals and HD channels experiencing signal loss

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locals and HD channels experiencing signal loss

Becky9941
Extra

For almost 2 weeks we have not had local channels during the day, we get the error "Complete Signal Loss", and most of my cable channels flip over to SD with the message "HD" not available. Once it is dark out everything comes back. We have had DISH for years and have never had this problem before. I have gone through all the standard DISH trouble shooting. I have reset the receiver, checked for anything blocking the dish, checked the connections and the signal strength is good. I am at a loss, I am not hearing of anyone near me with DISH having the same issue. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks

9 Replies

Re: Locals and HD channels experiencing signal loss

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

The LNB on the dish may be experiencing an overheating problem, especially if it is getting direct summer heat all day.  This may indicate that the LNB might become 'fried' some time soon with no dignal. The LNB receives a constant 13-19 volts and is always warm. If the dish is accessible, you can replace it in less than 5 minutes. 2 screws and the cable. Don't let the copper lead touch any metal or you will get a small spark. If you're concered about that, unplug the receiver. You can get a new LNB on ebay for around $35 I've replaced mine that somehow got full of rain water and shorted and I have a spare.

Becky9941
Extra
Thanks. I will start shopping tomorrow!

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Get Dish to replace it.  They should do it for free to keep you paying them money every month.

DISH Employee

Hello Becky9941! If you are having issues with the signal loss issues, we would definitely be delighted to get this resolved. If the technician verifies that the LNB is the problem, we would be able to replace it as part of the technician's work order. If you would like to go ahead and get a technician visit set up, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account. 

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

SexyFresh48
Character Actor

Hello Becky, 

Was wondering if this was solved for you? I tried to talk to dish about it but they wanted to charge me a $50 request fee, $150 service see then another $50 if they needed to change anything. I could cancel my entire account for $240. 

Please let me know how this worked out for you.... 

SexyFresh48
Character Actor

Really because when I contacted dish about the error message I was getting they wanted to charge me a $50 request fee, $150 service fee then another $50 if they needed to change anything. I could cancel my entire account for $240. 

and yes I am in good standing with dish & I pretty much don't bother them as long as my service is right

DISH Employee

SexyFresh48, we certainly want to look into this further and get this resolved as soon as possible. Can you please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to check what options we may have for you? 

DianeB
Extra
I’m having the EXACT SAME ISSUES. Had a DISH tech out and seemed to help a little but came back the next week. Soooo frustrating!!

DISH Employee

Hi Diane. I am sorry that your experiencing ongoing signal issues. I'd be pleased to take a look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message that includes your phone number and security pin to get started?