Local channels not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local channels not working

amandabanana
Extra

Yesterday I got home from vacation and noticed that none of our local channels are working. A message just comes up saying "Complete signal loss". All of the other channels work fine, just the local channels are affected. I have checked the dish to make sure nothing is blocking it, unplugged the receiver, and it still happens. What could be causing this? I don't know how long it has been doing this since I've been on vacation for almost two weeks.

6 Replies

Re: Local channels not working

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
I can think of 2 scenarios. Your antenna needs slightly realigned... and your locals come off a lesser used satellite, such as 110 or 119.
Alternatively, it’s possible the locals migrated from western arc to Eastern Arc, and you are still on Western. Need more info for that one, unfortunately the tool I used has been outdated for months, so I couldn’t verify. A rep would have to.

DISH Employee

Hi amandabanana, we hate to hear you are having problems with your service and want to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code on your account.

kmoore
Character Actor

a banana,

same issue you r having had locals were working fine  then started pixalating occassionally, then went to message  signal loss,  now they dont even show up on the guide

kmoore  

DISH Employee

Hi, kmoore! What receiver model do you have? It should say on the front left side of the receiver. 

If you manually try to tune to one of your local channels from live TV instead of the guide, does it give you an error message or skip that channel completely?

amandabanana
Extra

Thankfully we got our local channels back. It turned out to be tree branches that were in the way. We had scheduled for a tech to come look at things but I decided to look at the dish first to see if there was anything else we could try. I asked my husband to trim a few branches from a tree near the dish and that seemed to work. I had him cut down some trees near the dish so we won't have this problem again. So I was able to cancel our tech appt since we figured it out. I'm just glad that we figured it out before we wasted the tech guy's time.

DISH Employee

I'm happy it was such an easy fix for you and you were able to get the channels back, amandabanana!