Local Channels not coming clear

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Channels not coming clear

dp55
Costume Designer

Just had Dish installed yesterday, very happy so far, but while going over features noticed that my local channels have pixel avalanche, think that's what installer called it, was told that this was due to hurricane Florence that hit us last month. I know that stations took some damage, however never had any issue with locals having pixal avalanche when I had directv

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Local Channels not coming clear

dp55
Costume Designer

Just a quick update on this issue with local channels in the Greenville, NC area. Had a tech come out today to check on this issue. Issue isn't with any equipment, tech checked everything from A-Z and all in between, issue with local channels in this area does have to do with hurricane Florence and Tropical Storm Michael, tech showed me a message that was sent out to dish techs about channels in this area currently running on backup systems which limit what they can do on the network. Tech rocked and was professional. No current time table to have all channels working properly but at least I know what the issue is. I want to thank all the dish personnel both on this forum and at tech support and field tech who worked this issue. It is sad that locals are having issue as I'm a die hard football fan and this issue makes it next to impossible to watch games on channels, but I will survive and find alternate methods. If anyone in here lives in the Greenville/New Bern area and are having issues with locals, don't call as tech can't do anything about it at this time, not their fault, just need to get network back up to where it is supposed to be, again thanks to everyone who worked this problem, once again only had dish a week, but customer service and tech support have proven top notch. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

DISH Employee

Hello, dp55. I hate to hear that you're having an issue with pixelation on your locals. This could be what's causing the issue, but it's definitely not typical. I would be happy to look into this further to see if we have a reported issues with your locals. Can you provide your zip code please? 

dp55
Costume Designer

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you for this information! I'm seeing here the Greenville, NC locals have been reported as having poor/distorted video. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can gather a little more information about what you're experiencing to add to this report?

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

dp55
Costume Designer

Thanks PhoenixM, I sent a PM with some more info, let me know if there's anything else that may help you. 

DISH Employee

Thank you very much!

dp55
Costume Designer

Just a quick update on this issue with local channels in the Greenville, NC area. Had a tech come out today to check on this issue. Issue isn't with any equipment, tech checked everything from A-Z and all in between, issue with local channels in this area does have to do with hurricane Florence and Tropical Storm Michael, tech showed me a message that was sent out to dish techs about channels in this area currently running on backup systems which limit what they can do on the network. Tech rocked and was professional. No current time table to have all channels working properly but at least I know what the issue is. I want to thank all the dish personnel both on this forum and at tech support and field tech who worked this issue. It is sad that locals are having issue as I'm a die hard football fan and this issue makes it next to impossible to watch games on channels, but I will survive and find alternate methods. If anyone in here lives in the Greenville/New Bern area and are having issues with locals, don't call as tech can't do anything about it at this time, not their fault, just need to get network back up to where it is supposed to be, again thanks to everyone who worked this problem, once again only had dish a week, but customer service and tech support have proven top notch. 

View solution in original post

DISH Employee

We are delighted to hear that your appointment went well, dp55. Thank you for the update on the local channels in your area. We will definitely make a note of that on our end about the issue with the network itself.