Letterbox problem after Joey update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letterbox problem after Joey update

ebrown26
Character Actor
My Joey updated overnight and now all of my channels have extreme letterboxes at the top and bottom of the picture. I've already tried the changing the screen settings by pressing the star key below the 7 on the remote, but the stretch option makes me lose quite a bit of picture by trying to fill the screen. I've also tried adjusting the screen settings aspect on the TV itself, but that doesn't solve the problem either. Is there a setting I can use or cancel the update so that I can get the picture to fill the screen without losing any of the picture on either side?
5 Replies

Re: Letterbox problem after Joey update

Chadt41411
Casting Director
What cable do you have from the Joey to the Tv? Is it the RCA cable or the hDMI?

ebrown26
Character Actor
I am using RCA cables. Does that make a difference?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Yes. It is letter boxing them because you are feeding a Standard Def feed. If you use HDMI, it should go full screen.

ebrown26
Character Actor
It is normal now with the HDMI. Just curious, do you know why it was fine before the update?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
ebrown26 wrote:
It is normal now with the HDMI. Just curious, do you know why it was fine before the update?

It should have done the same thing before the update. It may be possible that you had it stretched before, and after the update, it just went to normal view. It should be a normal picture(except on SD programs).