Letterbox problem after Joey update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letterbox problem after Joey update

ebrown26
Character Actor
My Joey updated overnight and now all of my channels have extreme letterboxes at the top and bottom of the picture. I've already tried the changing the screen settings by pressing the star key below the 7 on the remote, but the stretch option makes me lose quite a bit of picture by trying to fill the screen. I've also tried adjusting the screen settings aspect on the TV itself, but that doesn't solve the problem either. Is there a setting I can use or cancel the update so that I can get the picture to fill the screen without losing any of the picture on either side?
7 Replies

Re: Letterbox problem after Joey update

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Did you try Menu > Settings > TV > Video Resolution and Aspect Ratio ?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Also check Options/Display Format

RickObe
Visual Engineer
e38BimmerFN wrote:
Also check Options/Display Format

Just FYI, Options > Display Format is the same thing as the * key on the remote.

ebrown26
Character Actor
Yes, I have done both. Interestingly, the letterbox format remains no matter what screen ratio aspect I choose. Whether it is 16*9 or 4*3, the format doesn't change.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
ebrown26 wrote:
Yes, I have done both. Interestingly, the letterbox format remains no matter what screen ratio aspect I choose. Whether it is 16*9 or 4*3, the format doesn't change.

And have you tried unplugging the Joey for 30 seconds?

obewan
Extra
For what it's worth, I had a similar situation. Unplugging the HDMI cable for a few seconds fixed the problem for me.Once I re-connected the cable the image was restored to full screen and high definition. Not sure if it's a universal fix, but might be worth a try.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Until you switch to HDMI, RCA cables will always change the format.