Leaving DISH after less than a year

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving DISH after less than a year

seanmh72
Camera Crew
Well, I have really found the term 'you get what you pay for' solidly relevant to my term with DISH.

While I have enjoyed the savings of almost $100 a month since last May, I have not enjoyed the unreal number of issues that I have with the Hopper 3 system.

I initially left DirecTV due to the ever increasing price and then constant wireless issues with their clients. I come to DISH and have the wireless clients function (connection only) but to have a DVR that is so lacking in basic features and incomplete integrations with 3rd parties that I am willing to spend a bit more.

There are sooooo many topics on this forum with the standard "we know this to be a known issue, please give 4 digit PIN, phone, etc. and you will be added to the 'list'". I just don't understand this mentality of engineering and customer service; it is literally mind-boggling.

DirecTV will be back out tomorrow to re-install equipment (without wireless) and I cannot wait. I have resigned a 2 year agreement that is a full $30 less than DISH and I KNOW that I will have a fully functioning DVR and I have SMART TVs or AppleTV for applications.

Good times will be here again.
7 Replies

Re: Leaving DISH after less than a year

DISH Employee
Did you message us about the issues? Without knowing the exact issue, we here on the DISH Fourm with the members are very well trained in the different aspects of the DISH equipment.

Can you verify the issues you are having? What we like to do here in this forum is help one another to make sure the services are working the way they are supposed to.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
Well, I would like to give you a list of items, but of course this forum isn't allowing me to post:

The wonderful reject URL message is continually being presented instead of my post.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
Let's try this one at a time to see if I can get my list posted:
1. Autoplay - It is not possible to watch a series of shows from the beginning to the end with the 'Autoplay' function.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
2. Autoplay - It is not possible to select a group of shows from within a season and watch in the order they were selected.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
3. Joey 2 screen turns black - when watching live programming on the Joey 2, the picture will disappear leaving only audio. Menu overlays remain and then changing the channel will return functionality
4. DVR recorded shows menu - All series that have multiple seasons recorded are now compressed so it is necessary to either expand all seasons or go to Options --> Expand all Seasons. This is a horrible UI implementation and should be able to be set as a default.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
5. Netflix will hang at 25% while playing a series (binge watching). This does not always happen, but it is VERY frequent.
6. Frequent reboots at 1am.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
Not a SINGLE one of these items has been addressed. In fact, I don't see a SINGLE item that has been reported on this forum that has been fully fixed; perhaps the only one MIGHT be the EHD issue.

If you can let us know which of these issues has been resolved or a specific date of when these will be resolved, that would be helpful.

The DISH community is doing its part to test your Hopper software, at least you could do is give some solutions or dates of solutions.