Last dish update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last dish update

Ppanther13
Extra
I have to say I'm very disappointed with the last update dish performed. First of all, I knew nothing about it. It just happened when I turned my receiver which did nothing until I called customer service, a little heads up would be nice, & it took a half a day to install. Secondly, & worst of all, dish has been much much slower since the update, it's almost unbearable, but what can you do? I thought updates were supposed to make things better, not worse. I hope they do something about this, for all the money I'm paying each month & how long I've been with them, I expect better than this. Personally I'd rather go back to otr TV, more reliable in a storm & cheaper, the only perk is the dvr for the few shows that I do watch, which are all on network TV, & I can build my own dvr on a computer. But my daughter watches so many other shows. But believe me, when she moves out, dish is gone, if they can't do any better than this.
Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Last dish update

Chadt41411
Casting Director
They did better. It’s the Hopper3. The other 2 Hoppers are almost 5 and 6 years old. That’s a lifetime for (computers).

MedicNYC
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
They did better. It’s the Hopper3. The other 2 Hoppers are almost 5 and 6 years old. That’s a lifetime for (computers).

OP wasn't referring to hardware, but software updates.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The Hopper3 has the hardware that can handle the software better. Think using a laptop from 2012, with Windows 10 and no mods. It’s going to be extremely slow as well. Same thing is happening here.

Ppanther13
Extra
Of course, anything to get more money out of someone. Figures.

stile99
Cinematographer
Ppanther13 wrote:
Of course, anything to get more money out of someone. Figures.

Yup, you sure called them on that. They offered a 16-tuner DVR just to get more money out of people. Not cause 3 (5 with the Super Joey) was restrictive.

ryancwill
Camera Crew
Contact a rep and discuss options. I had an original hopper and they upgraded me to the Hopper2 w sling at no cost. Costs are same monthly and they waived the tech visit for install. Just finishing transferring recordings to new system, but it seems much faster than the original hopper. As stated before, the new software optimized for Hopper3 so that's the best option but costs more monthly but works decently on the 2 w sling.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
All DVR fees are $15 per month. All hoppers have the same monthly fees.