LOSS OF VOLUME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSS OF VOLUME

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

We will be watching a program. It could be something we’ve recorded. When it ends and we return to live programming, the volume is lost. 

Automatically I start changing channels to see if this problem is global or specific to the channel I am on. After a few channel changes, the volume returns.

Anyine have this experience and if so, what could we be doing wrong?

7 Replies

Re: LOSS OF VOLUME

DISH Employee

This sounds extremely frustrating and I would love to see what we can do to get it working normal for you again. Do you use a sound bar or sound system with your TV?

gjisnowrhome
Camera Crew

No, no sound bar, no external sound system, no other sound system.

But thank you for trying. Take care.

DISH Employee

I would love to continue to look into why this is occurring so we can get it resolved as soon as possible. I do need to ask a few questions to see what the best course of action would be. 

What DISH receiver model do you have and are you only experiencing the volume issues when you watch your DISH TV or does it also happen when you use another device such as a DVD player?

Kkeller
Extra
Same issue here. We recently upgraded to the Joey and hopper. Issue began after having the Polk soundbar installed in October. Dish tech even told me the $40 audio cable would be better. I purchased the cable and the speakers. I’ve reached out to Polk twice. No reply.

DISH Employee

Kkeller, I hate to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. We can take a further look into this for you. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account?

Kkeller
Extra

dish tech came out yesterday and instead of resolving the intermittent audio issue when changing channels.  I feel they made the issue worse. Now, I have no audio on any other input on my tv except when watching dish. I wasn't home for yesterday's appointment.  That's how the first tech set it up in October.  I wasn't happy then and called dish to have someone come out and set it up correctly.  The second tech that came out in October set the polk sounbar and speakers up to play on all tv inputs.  However, we had an intermittent audio problem when changing channels while watching dish.  I purchased the polk soundbar and speakers from dish to have audio on my tv on all inputs. My issue isn't resolved. We don't have audio on all inputs.  I'm not happy.

DISH Employee

This is definitely not the type of experience that we would want you to have, Kkeller. I would be happy to look into the options we have to get this resolved, so you can enjoy using our Polk SoundBar on all of the inputs. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into that. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039