Joeys and google home not responding to turn on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Joeys and google home not responding to turn on.

Lukilar
Character Actor
Joey problems with google home
6 Replies

Re: Joeys and google home not responding to turn on.

DISH Employee

Hey Lukilar, can you please elaborate a bit more on the issue you are having?

Lukilar
Character Actor

My hopper turns on ok with google home but my joeys do not. Google home says there was a problem with the joey. When I turn them on with the remote, google home will however change a channel with a command. Also the Joeys can't be found when trying to set up the assistant but they do respond to simple commands like what is the weather. My hopper is working fine with the built in google assistant and turns on with google home so why aren't the joeys working like the hopper. they are bridged and connected to internet.

DISH Employee

Lukilar, to be sure I understand, your Joeys say the Google Home is not linked, but it will do basic commands like "change the channel to X", is that correct?

Lukilar
Character Actor

No, They seem to be linked with the hopper and dish personel has checked this. We have been through a battery of testsand no one can figure out why this is happening.

Here is what I am experiencing...My hopper seems to be working correctly with my google home and with the newly installed assistant through dish. It comes on with the google command with the tv and will cahnge channels etc. Now the dish joeys are something different. When I ask to turn on, Joeys will not come on then I hear "there was a problem with the Joey" from google home. Also the google assistant will not set up with either joeys as it did with the Hopper. 

When I use the remote, the tv and Joey comes on then if I ask google home to change a channel it will. Why won't it let me set up the provided assistant fully on the joeys and also why did the joeys stop turning on with the google command? So confused because it was working fine before.

DISH Employee

I would certainly be feeling the same way if this was happening to me. Let's go ahead and take a deeper look here. 

Could you go ahead and send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so that we can access your equipment information? 

Lukilar
Character Actor

Well Dish has been trying to solve this problem for over a month so I thought I'd try posting on her in case someone had an idea what I should do. They have done all kinds of diagnostic test including checking the hopper for any errors but to no avail. I really don[t think getting into my system again for the 5th time will do any good. Now I feel stuck and ready to give up.