Joey power on problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joey power on problem

Lee900
Extra

I'm new to Dish (2nd day) with a Hopper Duo and Joey2.0. The Hopper responds quickly when turned on with the remote, but the Joey takes about to 2 minutes to come up with on and off black screen in between - appears like a reboot process is occurring. Is this normal ?

4 Replies

Re: Joey power on problem

badgerdog
Character Actor

Mine does that also sometimes. When you hit the power button, it actually puts it in a standby mode. Sometimes my Joey doesnt turn off, I just press the button on the box. I am interested in a solution to this also.

DISH Employee

Hello Lee900. I hate to hear that the Joey is functioning a bit slow when trying to get it to come back on. That definitely sounds pretty frustrating. While the Joey does a have a slight delay over the Hopper, it definitely shouldn't be 2 minutes. Are you seeing the stand-by screen at all when you power on the Joey?

peggyrh
Casting Director

both my Joey 2 and 3 turn on then get a quick black screen before stabilizing the sound & picture. It's quick though, definitely not more than a few seconds - been that way for months.

DISH Employee

Hello Peggy. I would like to take a closer look into this issue for you. May you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?