Joey jumps to live tv

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joey jumps to live tv

dfdish
Extra
Been having this problem for a long time. Many times when I pause tv, come back and start playing, it plays for a bit then pauses and then jumps to live tv and I have to rewind it. Tends to happen more when it's close to being caught up. But the hopper doesn't do it, only the joey.
7 Replies

Re: Joey jumps to live tv

DISH Employee
How long is the Joey left on Pause for?

limey
Extra

This is happening to me after getting a new component.   last night was watching one show while recording another.   When I went to watch the show that was recording it kep jumping to live TV.  Very annoying and the old component NEVER did this.  Called dish and the guy said it is normal.......B.S.   I find it very annoying that I have to keep backing up my shows in order to watch them.   And I cannot even send an Email to Dish.  

DISH Employee

Hey there limey, was the program paused for more than 1 hour? If so, that is currently a function by design. 

limey
Extra

No for about 10 minutes.  This never happened with the old component,   And as I think I said when I started watching something that was recording it also jumped to live TC.  Iam getting ready to dump dish and go someplace else.

DISH Employee

I can understand how tech glitches could cause this much frustration, limey. I would be happy to forward your case to our Tech Ops team, to verify if this is software related. I can also check our resources to see if there is anything that can be done for the time being. If you wish, please Private Message me with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, so I can access your account and review your equipment.

limey
Extra

how do I private message you?  I am new to this site

DISH Employee

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  7. Click Send Message.