Joey Pixelation + OTA Local Guide issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joey Pixelation + OTA Local Guide issues

8balljimmy
Camera Crew

just got an upgrade to hopper with sling....once a day on tv with joey when you turn it on the pic is all brroken up  like there a bad signal,,, in the main room with hopper no  issues... tried  to un plug joey and restart did not help.... went to the app tool and did a restart on joey  did not help.. so went to  the hopper app restart and that does the job... wondering why this happens or if there a quick fix... also when in the guide for local channels I dont get  a descripton of the programs  there  one or two that works... if on regular  antena   the guide has all the program descriptons... I am paying for these local channel so I can record on the digital part that dish does not offer with there local subscription.... make it had to record anything on locals...... any help here on why there is no program discription in the guide ...57.2 57.3  69.2 69.3 25.2   46 tru 46.6 

15 Replies

Re: Joey Pixelation + OTA Local Guide issues

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

To record OTA programs, you can purchase a OTA DVR, you can then cancel 'locals' and the savings will pay for the DVR in about 20 months or less.

DISH Employee

8balljimmy, can you think of anything that may have changed between when this problem was happening and when it was working normally?  Good examples would be the weather changing, the receiver being moved, or wiring being unplugged. What is the software version on your Joey? You can find this information using your DISH remote. If you have a 40.0 you will press the [SAT] > [MENU] > [MENU] > Receiver. If you have a 52.0/5.40 remote, press the [SAT] > [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Receiver. It will be listed in the  "Software Version" field.

For your local channels in the guide, does it say "No Info Available"?

8balljimmy
Camera Crew

says for software version u551     only been 2 weeks since installed did not move anything.... Local channels say digital service  a few do have program info and a few list  the right info

DISH Employee

Thank you for providing this information, 8balljimmy. If your signal strength is strong enough, we will run a check switch test on the Hopper to see if it will resolve the issue for your Joey and guide.

To check your signal strength, if you have a 40.0 remote, press the [SAT] > [MENU]  > [MENU] > Whole Home. If you have a 52.0/54.0 remote, press the [SAT] > [HOME]  > [HOME] > [HOME] > Whole Home. On the far right of the "Detected Devices" section, the "Quality" field should be a green "Strong". If all MoCA signal strengths show green, we will be able to run the check switch test. If any MoCA signal strengths show yellow or red, please let us know. 

If all MoCA signal strengths show green, here are the steps to perform the check switch test. If you have a 40.0 remote, press the [SAT] > [MENU] > [MENU] > Dish. If you have a 52.0/54.0 remote, press the [SAT] > [HOME] > [HOME] > [HOME] > Dish. Select "Test Installation", then "Yes". 

8balljimmy
Camera Crew

Ok check that out and all showed green.... did the test did not show any results of this test.. but the guide was still the same

DISH Employee

Are you still having the issue with the Joey?

8balljimmy
Camera Crew

ok well it did not  do this yesterday . but we only had it on once.. I will keep you inform.... I did notice   when this happens in the main room with the hopper  the skip foward and back ward buttons act up if you press skip foward and let go it freeze up for about 5 seconds  then its back to normal play...

DISH Employee

Thank you for the update, 8balljimmy. If you continue to have this issue, please reach back out to us so we can continue troubleshooting for a resolution.

8balljimmy
Camera Crew

Ok I will keep  watch on that ... I read  a post on here about not being able to watch there recrdings... I had a  issiue this morning I was trying to record Sy Fi channel and woulld not let me record... then the picture froze into a small caption in the right conner.. back button would not work or anything it was just stuck... so I unplug hopper for 30 seconds and then work fine just thought I would put that out there sinnce a few others were having problems