Joey 2 shows black screen after 30+ minutes of live TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joey 2 shows black screen after 30+ minutes of live TV

seanmh72
Camera Crew
I usually don't watch a lot of live TV, but have been doing this more lately. I have noticed that after about 30 or so minutes of watching live TV, all of a sudden, I will lose video and audio.

The only way to get viewing back is to change channels up or down and then it will work again.

Doesn't really seem to matter what channel I am watching and this does not happen with DVR shows.
8 Replies

Re: Joey 2 shows black screen after 30+ minutes of live TV

DISH Employee
Do you get any kind of error message on your screen when this happens?

seanmh72
Camera Crew
ErikaP wrote:
Do you get any kind of error message on your screen when this happens?

Modifying my post on this. As it happened AGAIN this evening, the screen went blank and audio terminated, in the lower right it showed "Live TV" and then disappeared.

After this, I had to turn to a different channel and then back and all was right with the world.

Looking at Options, I show that only 1 tuner was being used and it was for this particular receiver. I selected it, but it did not correct the issue.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Have you done a full reset of the Joey. Even unplug the power for 30 seconds then back ON.

Is the Joey connected via coax? Wireless? Try using LAN network cable between Hopper and Joey and see if it happens still.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
e38BimmerFN wrote:
Have you done a full reset of the Joey. Even unplug the power for 30 seconds then back ON.

Is the Joey connected via coax? Wireless? Try using LAN network cable between Hopper and Joey and see if it happens still.

I am not going down this road.....this is an equipment issue, not something with the wiring in my house, a cloud in the sky, a surge protector, faulty outlet, etc.

A Joey 2 is COAX only, not wireless. The Joey is connected, there is no doubt about that. I can get to the guide, apps, DVR, etc. Simply changing the channel resolves the issue.

DISH Employee
If you can reset the Joey by unplugging it, the issue should be resolved.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
If it happens again after doing a reset, then ask for a new Joey. I don't see this issue with my two Joey and one goes is live mostly in the evening. I watch some tv after work in the bedroom like yesterday. No issues. However mines LAN wired.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
Mike H. wrote:
If you can reset the Joey by unplugging it, the issue should be resolved.

Nope, does not fix it. Had it unplugged most of the day yesterday and was just watching a show and sure enough, it went black with no audio.

What next?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ask for new Joey.