Joey 2 non wireless issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joey 2 non wireless issue

cef2lion
Character Actor
The Joey 2 in the bedroom and dining room are slow to respond to the remote. I have replaced the batteries. Not that far away from the Joey. I have to hold my arm out and point the remote right at the Joey. The Hopper 2 I have doesn't have this issue.

Is this a know problem? The way it is? Or is there a problem or suggestion?
8 Replies

Re: Joey 2 non wireless issue

What Hopper and remote model do you have? The remote signal is UHF so you would not need to point it at the receiver
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

cef2lion
Character Actor
I have the Hooper 2 but its remotes work just fine. I have a Dish voice remote and 52.0 with the Hooper.

The problem I'm having is with the 2 Joey's. I have the 52.0 remotes for the joey's. The remote to the guide and changing channels is slow or sluggess. You really have to point the remote at the Joey for it to respond. I have rebooted the Joey's.

DISH Employee
cef2lion wrote:
I have the Hooper 2 but its remotes work just fine. I have a Dish voice remote and 52.0 with the Hooper.

The problem I'm having is with the 2 Joey's. I have the 52.0 remotes for the joey's. The remote to the guide and changing channels is slow or sluggess. You really have to point the remote at the Joey for it to respond. I have rebooted the Joey's.

What is the delay in the response time between making the selection and the actual response?

cef2lion
Character Actor
Example. I want to switch to 132. I press 1 wait. Could be 3 seconds till 1 shows on the screen or I get nothing. When I do get a 1 to show I next try to enter 3 but the delay is so long that the Joey changes to channel 1.

When nothign shows on screen when I press 1. I have to aim the remote at the joey.

DISH Employee
cef2lion wrote:
Example. I want to switch to 132. I press 1 wait. Could be 3 seconds till 1 shows on the screen or I get nothing. When I do get a 1 to show I next try to enter 3 but the delay is so long that the Joey changes to channel 1.

When nothign shows on screen when I press 1. I have to aim the remote at the joey.

I totally get this and I do want to see a couple of things with you. When you try to channel up or down on the remote, is it the same delay when you use the front panel buttons on the Joey? What is the Software Version of that Joey please?

cef2lion
Character Actor
Thanks! Let me try the channel up and down and report back. I also get the software version. Do I get the software version of the joey while in the menu of the Hooper or the Joey?

DISH Employee
cef2lion wrote:
Thanks! Let me try the channel up and down and report back. I also get the software version. Do I get the software version of the joey while in the menu of the Hooper or the Joey?

You will want to get the Software Version off the receiver having the issue (Joey).

cef2lion
Character Actor
I looked last night. Think I might have the Hooper 3. Its version shows U502.

The Joey shows U281.

Pressing the channel up and down works a bit better then keying in the channel you want to change to but not much better.