Joey 2 Pixelization after H3 Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joey 2 Pixelization after H3 Update

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
After the latest H3 Update to U504 on 11/17 I am experiencing Pixelation on all 5 Joey2s connected to the H3 on all networks from locals to PPV. The H3 is not Pixelating. They are all connected via RG6/MOCA with excellent (Strong) signal and the H3 signals exceed or meet minimums. Any others reporting this issue. Joeys are running U282 software updated on the same date and time.
Tags (3)
8 Replies

Re: Joey 2 Pixelization after H3 Update

DISH Employee
This could be happening if the software wasn't downloaded to the Joey's as well. You will just need to press the "House" button on the Joey remove 3 times to get to the Diagnostics screen to make sure the software matches the Hopper. If they match, the system might just need a whole home reset. To do this all you have to do is:

Unplug all the Joey's and leave them unplugged. While they are unplugged you will then need to unplug the Hopper for 10 seconds. Once the Hopper says "Starting Up" then you can plug all the Joey's back in. This order is important for the whole home reset.

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
All Joeys are also running software that was updated on the same night. I will try the whole home reset I have not done that yet.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Not sure your info is correct, Joeys are still on the same software from 10/11 (282) - only the Hopper 3 software was updated (to 504).

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
They showed an update date of 11/17 with the 282 software and the Hopper shows 504

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
The hopper shows that the latest software should be 282

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Oops typo. My H3 shows 504 from 11/17, but both Joeys show 282 from 10/11.

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
I did the whole house reset so we'll see how that works this evening when the family is watching.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Issue is probably with the H3 update, I had freezing on live TV yesterday, first problem in months. Seems OK (so far) after a reset, though I'm noticing several recordings are showing as watched when they haven't been.