Issues with new Hopper UI after update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with new Hopper UI after update

Holbrook1963
Extra

Has anyone else had these problems with their recent forced Dish DVR program upgrade?

1. Provides false program data. =   It shows the name of one saved program but the actual selection bars(episodes recorded) are for a different recorded program altogether. (Screen shot Picture available)

2. Much slower response time to display saved recordings and related information.

3. First listing of recordings does not include any information about the season of each episode listed.  That can be seen when deleting or stopping a recording but not when you are trying to choose an episode to play back.

4 Replies

Re: Issues with new Hopper UI after update

DISH Employee

Let's make sure that there is no issue with your hard drive. Sometimes when the hard drive is starting to go bad, it can cause similar issues to what you are describing. We would want to double check the health of the hard drive to verify whether this may be the cause.

You can check this by going to the Menu and selecting Settings, then Diagnostics, then Status, and select Check Status. Select Yes if a Status Check Warning comes up. If there is an error, a red X will appear in the "D Hard Drive Status" section. 

Gurn
Extra

I am having the exact same issue Holbrook describes.  I ran the Diagnostics as JasmineD suggests.  My hard drive status is green (ok).  I had previously wondered if the hard drive was going bad, since sometimes the playback of recorded data will pixelate on occassion.  So I am not fully convinced the hard drive is ok.  What do you suggest next?

DISH Employee

If you are experiencing slow loading in the menus, one thing you can try is a partial reset. This will clear any temporary files stored on the receiver and then download new ones. Most timers and recordings are not impacted by a Partial Reset, however, PrimeTime Anytime will be disabled after the process completes and would need to be turned back on if you wish. The process typically takes 20 minutes but can take up to 60 minutes To do this go to menu>settings>diagnostics>tools>reset to factory defaults>partial reset. Once you get the pop-up, select "reset" and the process will start.

Gurn
Extra

The above suggestion appears to have significantly increased the response time.  Now I just have to assess whether upgrading to the Hopper 3 will increase the overall experience for the cost.