Issues using 3 tuners during the day

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues using 3 tuners during the day

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
I've found that during the day, whenever something may be set to record, the Hopper will switch to the channel automatically even though no other tuners should be in use. Today, only the Hopper was turned on, no other Joeys were on and nothing was being recorded. At 2pm, a show was scheduled to record. Right before 2pm, the Hopper automatically switched to the channel as if no tuners were available. When I looked at the activity, it showed that Tuner 1 was marked as 'Guide Update', Tuner 2 was the show being recorded and Tuner 3 was the broadcast networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX). This was outside of prime time, so Prime Time Anytime shouldn't be a factor.

This has happened a couple of times over the last few days, so it seems like the Hopper isn't properly using all three tuners. I just checked it right now and it shows 2 tuners in use when tuned to the channel where it is recording. The only other tuner that shows info is Tuner 3, which is on the broadcast channels. Is this another bug in the new software?
4 Replies

Re: Issues using 3 tuners during the day

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The 4 broadcast channels are always running unless the third tuner is needed for viewing/recording. When that happens, select the 3rd tuner(anyone of the 4 shows) and then change the channel.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
The 4 broadcast channels are always running unless the third tuner is needed for viewing/recording. When that happens, select the 3rd tuner(anyone of the 4 shows) and then change the channel.

So why does it automatically switch the channel to the one being recorded if there are free tuners? And should the Guide Update consume a tuner all day? I just had another instance where two things were being recorded, but it would not allow the channel to be changed unless one recording was stopped. This should have been allowed to change since the 3rd tuner is unused, however one is showing "Guide Update".

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Sounds like your receiver is struggling to release the timer. Have you reset it?

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
Yes, I've done multiple resets trying to work through other issues. I saw another post about a similar behavior from another individual, so it doesn't appear to be an isolated case.