Issues recording on only one channel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues recording on only one channel

Spoiledrwe3
Extra
Is anyone experiencing problems with only one channel.? We have a hopper2 with sling
Ever since the UI update months ago, we cannot watch recorded playback of sports programs on our local Fox Sports feed. It is Fox Sports Midwest on channel 412-08.
We can watch games, but if we record a game to watch later, it will only playback 30-60 minutes, and then it will say playback complete, even tho the progress bar, still shows time remaining, and the info says it recorded 4 hours.
If we try watching the game while recording, it will always end up on a frozen black screen.
Have spoken with dish several times, they are apparently befuddled. They sent us a new/refurbished hopper 2 And have did lots of troubleshooting, but so far nothing has worked.
This is my last ditch effort, in fixing this, to get the programming and features I am paying for.
Just checking to see if anyone has the same issue? Or any suggestions for a fix?
7 Replies

Re: Issues recording on only one channel

Cmt
Extra

Was there ever a solution found for this issue?  I have Fox Southeast and the last 5 games the exact same thing has started happening as you experienced. 

Thanks, CMT

We have not seen this issue. Have you ever deleted and recreated the original timer?  I believe we have a similar known issue and that is the workaround that is listed.

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Cmt
Extra

Thank you MattG for your suggestion. So far deleting the timer and resetting it has worked. 

MattG wrote:

We have not seen this issue. Have you ever deleted and recreated the original timer?  I believe we have a similar known issue and that is the workaround that is listed.

absentee
Extra

I have had the exact same problem with local sports brodcasts on channel 412-XX. Playback of the recorded events just stops sometime during the broadcast even though it says there is plenty of time remaining on the recording. I have had Dish for many years, and I have missed more games of my favorite basketball team in the last 4 months than I have missed in the last ten years!

Dish can only tell me this is a software issue and they are working on it....since November!

At what point does this release me from my contract or earn me a refund on my DVR fees?!

DISH Employee

absentee, have you tried the above listed workaround for this issue? If you have, are you seeing that it did not resolve it? 

absentee
Extra

I have spent hours on the phone with technical support and advanced technical support. I have had a technician come to my house. I have been given a replacement Hopper with Sling. I perform constant soft resets, frequent hard resets, and have done a master reset. I am generally unhappy with the Hopper as a whole because it appears way buggier than my 722's were, but I would be willing to overlook these issues if I could just record and watch my basketball games.

And, yes, I have deleted and recreated the timer for these games. Heck, I don't even record them any more unless I can't be home to watch them live because if I'm recording them while watching live the broadcast usually just goes black and the only way to get it back is to shut off the recording and go back to the live broadcast.

I never had these kind of issues with the 722's. Had I known I would have these problems I NEVER would have upgraded to the Hopper and agreed to a 2 year contract. My family is very unhappy with me.

Dish has made alot of money from me over the years and their only response to my problem is to suggest I spend $100 more and upgrade to the Hopper 3. Not gonna happen.

DISH Employee

I am so sorry to hear that the workaround did not succeed for you, absentee. I would be happy to take a look and see what our options would be to resolve this for you. Can you please send me a Private Message with your phone/account number and 4 digit PIN? You can do this by clicking the mail icon on the top right corner of the page and click New Message. You will need to type in my username in the Send To field.