Issue with Program Guide Not Updating - Affects Recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Program Guide Not Updating - Affects Recordings

stefanheline
Extra

We are having repeated issues with the program guide not updating on our 2 receivers.  Both are VIP222k only one DVR.  The DVR is displaying "No Info Available" after an hour or two in the guide (Error 318) and then when asked to try and update, you get the window that it is updating, but after 10-15 seconds, there is no change in the progress bar and it returns back to the update guide.

As a result, the scheduled DVR recordings do not start as this is dependant on updated guide info.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Issue with Program Guide Not Updating - Affects Recordings

JIM1
Character Actor

MY DVR HAS NOT UPDATED IN OVER A WEEK  NO NEW RECORDINGD  HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WAS WORKING??????Smiley Sad

JIM1
Character Actor

I FORGOT TO MENTION IT IS ON DISH ANYWHERE   1.2  IS A DUD !!  MANY MANY ISSUES Smiley Sad

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
What receivers do you have, as a 222 series receiver cannot be a DVR or turned into a DVr. D you mean the 722?

stefanheline
Extra

Yes, it is the 722 not 222.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Honestly, the fastest way to resolve that, is a check switch test. I would go even further, and unhook the coaxial cables from the receiver, run a check switch test, let it fail, plug them back in, run it again, and let it download the guide.