Is whole home wifi dependent?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is whole home wifi dependent?

MJWesty
Character Actor
So we have a downstairs bedroom with issues related to VOD.....is the Joey directly connected to wi-fi to support VOD programming or is it connected through coax with Hopper? I ask because we sometimes have a weak wi-fi signal in that area and I am wondering if that is the problem or if it is receiver related.
5 Replies

Re: Is whole home wifi dependent?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Joey gets its internet through the Hopper.

MJWesty
Character Actor
Thanks, that's what I thought, so an issue with internet at Joey is not an issue with my modem/router, unless the Hopper is having an issue with my modem/router.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Not necessarily. Your Joey has its own IP.

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Not necessarily. Your Joey has its own IP.

Noticed that but don't really understand it.
Could you elaborate on what happens between the Joey and the router, how it happens, and why it has an IP?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
In layman’s terms, think of the IP on the Joey as the drive way, and the Hopper as the neighborhood street. The Hopper also has its own drive way as well. It could be that the router has a hard time getting out to the client IPs. I was having trouble with my router recently, so in the router settings, I put the Hopper in a DMZ and now it works great. Now, I will say this is a terrible explanation on how it all works, but it gives you an idea of how it is trafficked.