Is The Forum Really Helpful? Or Is it Just Entertainment?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is The Forum Really Helpful? Or Is it Just Entertainment?

wvricky2
Costume Designer
I almost never get any help from this Forum. I usually get no beneficial help or answers, even from the GREENS, who are paid to provide answers and advice. I primarily get nothing whatsoever. Even when I PM the GREENS, I frequently get ZIP for a response. Either my questions are too difficult, or just not worthy of an answer. Like this question, for example. The Hopper With Sling I was assigned back in December, that has been working pretty well after a few initial recording bugs were apparently fixed, has developed a random - occasional, but less than annoyingly frequent - loss of DVR functions during both "Live" TV and DVR playback. "Pause" will not work. "FF" will not work. "Skip Back" will not work. Even "Stop" will not work. But I can still get into all the other Menus and stuff. And I can power off the Hopper. That is how it corrects itself. Turn it off and on, and it is O.K. It is not a big issue yet. But is it the beginning of a big worsening problem? I do not know. I am not electronically gifted or savvy. I am actually a klutz. I will probably not get any responses. But, hey that is O.K. I still like to read what others are saying. That is where the "Entertainment" comes in. In my case, it is more entertaining than informative.
12 Replies

Re: Is The Forum Really Helpful? Or Is it Just Entertainment

stile99
Cinematographer
This forum is here for users to help other users. I suggest two things.

One, you really want to review this post. [url:1ztf99l2]https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30[/url:1ztf99l2]

Two, with that in mind, please read your post and see if there is possibly any reason someone may read it and decide it really isn't worth engaging. If you are able to see your posting history in the correct light, perhaps you will see the need to approach the matter differently and the forum will become more useful to you. If not, then the answer is it's just here for entertainment. Go pop some corn.

bobknob
Costume Designer
When the team that is monitoring this forum is called D.I.R.T or Dish Internet RESPONSE Team has no response or little to no help in responding, it should tell you something about this forum.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
bobknob wrote:
When the team that is monitoring this forum is called D.I.R.T or Dish Internet RESPONSE Team has no response or little to no help in responding, it should tell you something about this forum.

This forum is not their priority. The same team runs multiple platforms, including on satelliteguys.US, where most users pay to be on. They also control the complaint websites and Facebook and Twitter. They have mentioned recently in the last 48 hours that they are currently understaffed and their priority is currently with facebook and Twitter. You can message them on there for a quicker response, as that is currently the number 1 priority.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Ah yes. People who have dish would instinctively know to go to a 3rd party site to try to get support. Yeah, makes sense to me.

If it were me, I would go to dish.com and not satelliteguys.us. But that is just me.....

In fact, when you go to dish.com, click Support and then click on Forum, it takes you to this site, not to satelliteguys.us. Again, foolish us for thinking that a site that is DIRECTLY linked to dish.com would be the best place to go.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
See, you're stating it as if they do not respond. They do respond plenty on here, however as I stated, it is not a priority. Especially with how slow this forum has been as of late. Most people do go through Facebook and Twitter before searching online. That is why there is such a strong presence there. Whether you agree or disagree, again does not change facts.
Please reread what was said, and take the whole thing in context, not cherry pick to make your point.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
See, you're stating it as if they do not respond. They do respond plenty on here, however as I stated, it is not a priority. Especially with how slow this forum has been as of late. Most people do go through Facebook and Twitter before searching online. That is why there is such a strong presence there. Whether you agree or disagree, again does not change facts.
Please reread what was said, and take the whole thing in context, not cherry pick to make your point.

If I click on Support from dish.com, then click on Forum, I am taken HERE!!!! I am not taken to some other spot. If this site is not going to be supported properly by dish, then dump it. It has become a joke and a place where the 'people in green' simply copy and past the same old thing: "Please provide your account number and PIN so you can be added to the list."

I would think that dish and the people that stand up for it would speak up and try to make this a more productive company and give the BEST possible service. Instead all we get, as consumers, is to be put on a list or told that it is what it is.

Give it a rest.....

Chadt41411
Casting Director
When it is the same thing, the same answer is given. If the resolution is to be put on a list, such as channel request, or for a software issue, then that is the response that you'll get. People also upgrade through here, they get techs schedule, receivers sent out, programming changes, and multiple people get the answers they are looking for. This is a great peer to peer resource as well. I understand you're not happy, but fortunately you speak only for yourself. There are many very satisfied people on here, especially with the peer to peer support. Heck, Stiles99 just helped someone yesterday with a simple request, all because this forum allowed. That created great customer satisfaction, and I bet if that user sees the same question asked in the future, they will be able to answer if they want. If you are truly dissatisfied with Dish services and just want to complain about it, then stop complaining and just cancel. Very simple. Trying to be an internet tough guy is not going to get you bonus points. Mainly because nobody cares. All you're doing, is making people not want to come here, which again will lower the priority even more for this forum. This will be my last post to you about this. You can go ahead and get the last word in, I don't care. It's meaningless to argue with you, because you've already made up your mind. Have a nice night.

bobknob
Costume Designer
Bwahahaha!!!!! Thousands and thousands of pages of ticked off customers and I am the ONLY one that is upset?!?!?!? WOW!!!!! Mmmmmmm.....Kool-Aid is mighty tasty!!!!!

I believe the person that started this thread isn't all too happy.....maybe, just maybe there are two.....

bobknob
Costume Designer
And people do come here as it is a DIRECT link from dish.com and EXPECT to be helped by dish employees. NO WHERE IS IT STATED THIS IS A USER FORUM.

Maybe people don't come here because they get LITTLE if ANY help from dish employees.

You can call me any name you want, my feelings won't be hurt. The fact of the matter is that dish doesn't care about its customers. Having people like you here to carry their water and tell us to deal with it 'because it's in our contract' is what makes this site unusable. Having people like you here that simply tell people to get over it and that we are wrong for expecting things to get fixed is what makes this site unusable.

As a consumer we have the expectation of things working for services that we pay for. Getting anything less and paying for it is a two-fold problem. 1 is that dish keeps getting away with it and 2 is that people keep paying for it. Both should stop.