Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Internet1
Visual Engineer

Hi, using Dish satellite for internet. Get a certain amount of high speed each month. After that the speed is reduced. Which is fine. But after that it keeps going to a Dish webpage - https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/products/internet-phone/data/

Which says-

"NOTICE As a courtesy, we want to notify you that you have used 100% of your Monthly Anytime Usage Allowance for the current service period. Your download speeds will be significantly reduced for the remainder of the service period. To view your data usage meter, purchase additional capacity or see details about upgrading your service package, please log into MyDish.com below. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer."

It would be fine if it did this once. Or even once a day. But it does it numerous times a day. Limitless really. Because sometimes when ever you click to go to a webpage, wether it be from a bookmark or link on the page you're on, etc. it will take you to the Dish page. Rendering internet usage completely stopped. Because you could have a million redirects to the Dish page if you kept clicking to open web pages, etc.

It happens at various times of the day and night. As well as lasts for various lengths of time, before temporarily going back to normal. Not sure why it does what when. Besides how Dish has it set.

Internet tech support options have been exausted. Dish offers no way to continue using the internet when this happens.

So, question is, can/how can the Dish 'redirects' be stopped?

thanks

7 Replies

Re: Internet

DISH Employee

Hello, Internet1. I can definitely understand your concern with this message. I would be happy to look into this for you. Would you mind sending me a Private Message with your Phone number and 4-digit PIN please? Here are the instructions to PM: 

Sign in to the community.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click Compose New Message.
Enter the recipient's name (CalebS) in the Send to area.
Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
Click Send Message.

Internet1
Visual Engineer

This is taking a long time for any kind of answers/resolution. If you need more information let a person know. Sent a private message a while back like asked for. But no response to that yet.

Forums would be a better place for a deal of conversation about this subject anyways. Then people who are having the same or similiar issues can also benifit from it if a reslution is found. Rather than have each of them have to send their own private messages, and wait, etc.

DISH Employee

Hi there, Internet1. Are you getting this message appear when you try to go to Google.com, then to another website, for example? 

Internet1
Visual Engineer

At this moment, no. At times, yes.

Rereading my original post describes what's happening. Incuding "sometimes when ever you click to go to a webpage, wether it be from a bookmark or link on the page you're on, etc. it will take you to the Dish page."

DISH Employee

Thank you for your patience while we look into this situation. We have reached out to our Advanced Internet Support Team and are waiting for information on why this message keeps appearing and hopefully a resolution on how to get it to stop. We do apologize for the inconvenience. 

Internet1
Visual Engineer

Still trying to get this resolved. Been weeks since first posted about this issue.

DISH Employee

I'm going to contact you in Private Message Internet1. I have good news.