cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: This Sucks

bobknob
Costume Designer
TG2 wrote:
We're all asking the same question and all we get from Dish is the sounds of crickets humping..

yeah.. this is what I pay 120 a month for..

dish jacked up the UI/Firmware for older generation receivers and people feel that the only solution is to have dish consumers pony up more cash to get a receiver that can handle the new software?

dish should have never put this new UI/Firmware on older devices. These older devices should have been left alone and an advisory to customers stating that they are EOL (end of life). No new features, no fixes, etc.

Seems that most any other hardware manufacturers can figure this out. I cannot take an original iPhone and put the latest version of iOS on it. I can't take my original XBox and put the OS from the XboxOne on it.

dish "engineering" strikes again.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

anitdua
Character Actor
Dish has promised to fix the problems they have created with the upgrade but not one thing is fixed. The upgrade is so slow, search option is screwed up, the demand is messed up too, many times a movie is supposedly available on demand, but when I press the demand button nothing happens, no download The new upgrade also takes up more space on DVD, my space with upgrade went from about 87 % full to 100 % full after upgrade, I had to delete a lot of my recordings to get back to 87%.

Dish offered to upgrade me for $75 to Hopper 3 with a mandatory 2 year contract,. So in case it sucks too I am stuck with a $300 cancellation fees. I said no thanks, I asked to have a cancel option for 48-72 hrs, Dish says no way.

I can guarantee it Dish will fix nothing, no one can ever accuse them of competence and being professional

Suffer or Walk away.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
anitdua wrote:
Dish has promised to fix the problems they have created with the upgrade but not one thing is fixed. The upgrade is so slow, search option is screwed up, the demand is messed up too, many times a movie is supposedly available on demand, but when I press the demand button nothing happens, no download The new upgrade also takes up more space on DVD, my space with upgrade went from about 87 % full to 100 % full after upgrade, I had to delete a lot of my recordings to get back to 87%.

Dish offered to upgrade me for $75 to Hopper 3 with a mandatory 2 year contract,. So in case it sucks too I am stuck with a $300 cancellation fees. I said no thanks, I asked to have a cancel option for 48-72 hrs, Dish says no way.

I can guarantee it Dish will fix nothing, no one can ever accuse them of competence and being professional

Suffer or Walk away.

You can get the H3 with no contract. All you have to do is buy the equipment outright. Ultimately if you do not like it, you can sell it and get some money back.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
I was around for the DishOnline change to dishanywhere. I also remember the Hopper App(Explorer) that failed. I have had almost every receiver from the 625-H3. And you meant the VIP 922, which is why they stopped upgrading it. Now you have the options in front of you, so the choice is yours.

Primetime Anytime just whacked out!

kkuntz
Extra
Since the new big update came out we've had no end of trouble with PrimeTime Anytime recordings.

1) I tried using it like I did before - went into PrimeTime and saved the shows I wanted to watch later then deleted them from the Primetime folder. It appeared to work fine, but the next day (or sometimes 2 or 3 days later) the show would just be gone. Not in the trash, just gone. Then sometimes (but not always) the next week (and once almost 3 weeks later) the show will show back up on the DVR again!

2) Thinking maybe the new software needed the series to be saved and not just saving individual shows, I set that for a couple shows. I still deleted them from Primetime folder once they were recorded and saved. Same problem. Twice now I've had it show me 2 shows in the folder but after watching the oldest one, the newest one just disappeared. Again, sometimes it shows up later, sometimes not. I just had one this week that showed 2 shows in the folder but when I went into the folder to play one it came up as only the oldest show for me to watch (i.e. it acted like a single show, not a folder with multiple shows). Once I finished that show, it didn't show me any other shows in that folder to watch. I went back to the full DVR list and, low and behold, there was the one I hadn't yet watched ready for me to watch.

This never seems to happen with any of the shows I have recording outside of Primetime Anytime - so it's only affecting those network shows. While the DVR is attached to the internet, we only get that through our Verizon cell service so we pay for our bandwidth. Pulling things back up 'On Demand' is absolutely not in our budget. Primetime is about to go full bore again with fall shows and I'd really really really like this thing to work!!! Any ideas?

I sent a message to Dish about their latest and greatest user interface. 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. There is so much wrong with this "new look and feel" that has taken 52 pages of comments to enumerate them all.

To be short and maybe not so sweet, the new look is absolute crap!

Had they taken the time to pass it by a user panel they might have kept the comments private and actually produced a quality product. I've spent considerable years working as a system designer, installer and quality control director. This junk has never seen the inside of a quality control lab.

Some of the issues may be blamed on users who haven't upgraded to the new hopper, but most of them are just poor design and rendering.

Dish - the ball is in your court. How about a comment from you !

DISH Employee
Thanks for the feedback about the new UI. The new look and feel of the guide was designed to help you navigate and find your favorite content faster. It includes many improvements while maintaining the core of what makes the Hopper, the Hopper. For more information about all the new features of the new User Interface, please visit https://www.mydish.com/newhopperUI. Can you send a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?

tommyy2
Cinematographer
ErikaP wrote:
Thanks for the feedback about the new UI. The new look and feel of the guide was designed to help you navigate and find your favorite content faster. It includes many improvements while maintaining the core of what makes the Hopper, the Hopper. For more information about all the new features of the new User Interface, please visit https://www.mydish.com/newhopperUI. Can you send a PM with your account/phone number and 4 digit PIN?

"navigate and find your favorite content faster"
Faster?
FASTER?

A joke but not at all funny.

Right now 2 years of Direct TV will be cheaper than 2 years of Dish.
DTV HD picture quality beats Dish picture quality.
Why am I still here?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You sure about that after the Dish Loyal customer 2 year price lock? And yes, it is faster, with the right equipment. Mainly H3.

tommyy2
Cinematographer
Chad,

I checked it out at Costco definitely a lot cheaper.

Dish may have made the H3 faster but they definitely made the rest of them run slow as molasses.

Not sure where I'll end up but everyday my Hopper wsling gets worse so I probably wont be here much longer.