Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
So I'm guessing dish doesn't care because they haven't responded at all to this thread. I don't mind the font or colors. I mind that it is slowwww. When I put on a recording I get a black screen for several sevconds before I even get a picture. Then there is the lag to ff. Everything is so much slower to respond. Dish are u guys working on it, or a way to revert back to the older system.

stile99
Cinematographer
Occheermommy wrote:
So I'm guessing dish doesn't care because they haven't responded at all to this thread.

Check the second post and guess again.

Dish please respond- slowdown since new interface

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
I updated to the new interface on Sunday. Here it is Thursday and I have emailed you guys and responded to several posts about the same issue and I have yet to get any reply so I'm hoping a new thread will get a response. Ever since the update my system has been so slow. I have tried resetting each unit and this has done nothing. From the posts it seems to be an issue in the older units. I have a hopper with sling. It seems to me dish should have tested this prior to releasing this to the public. I have one Joey that has always been slow. I have talked to customer service about it and they do not know why this one is slower than any others in the house. I would really like for that Joey to be replaced since now it is u bearable slow, since the update. My son has the exact same tv in his room as we have in the living room and he has no issues with his Joey, other than it becoming slower this week since upgrade. The living room is still considerably slower than any other. The reason I mention the tv is that was one thing I was asked when I call because I guess some LCD Tvs cause a slow response. Mine isn't LCD it's plasma.
Anyway my two questions are this is there going to be some sort of update to the interface to speed it up or an option to revert back to the previous version since it was faster. I don't think everyone should have to upgrade to a hopper 3 because dish decided to release an untested update. If we are expected to do that, there should be a waiving of the upgrade fee, since we eventually will have no choice on the update.
My second question is what can I do bout getting this Joey replaced. Even if I do get a hopper 3 it won't fix this one Joey because it was an issue prior to the interface update.
Please respond. After the fiasco with the timers not working and now this slowdown issue I am considering going elsewhere. My contract was up two years ago and I have stuck with dish because their customer service has been good. Please don't make me regret that decision.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
the new UI was made for the H3 which has faster cpu in it.. it was not for the previous models they pushed it anyway, either cause they dont want support 2 ui or they dont care if it will be slow on older models, or both. pick which explanation insults your the lest

Re: Dish please respond- slowdown since new interface

DISH Employee
I have seen a few other situations with the new UI causing a slow down on the HWS and H2K models, however I have no information on if a software upgrade would resolve that. I can send it along for you though, and it shouldn't be related to the TV. You can test this by swapping the location of the TVs if you would like.

As of right now we don't have an option to revert to the old UI specifically, however if you would like you can try going to Menu > Settings > Appearance and change the theme back to 'Classic'. I haven't actually tried this though so I don't know if it would resolve the delay, but it's worth a try.

WFScooter
Camera Crew
To the original question, I did notice some of my timers set to 1 recording aren't deleting older recordings. Manually deleted them and re-saved limit to 1 recording option. I think that fixed that.
As for the upgrade as a whole, what the heck is Dish thinking? SLOW SLOW SLOW!!! I hope Dish is planning on offering free upgrades to the new Hopper. What are the odds?
Besides the slowness, I'm upset about a few changes to the interface. The mini guide, pressing the right side of Select circle, only stays on screen for 10 seconds of inactivity, needs to be at least 30 seconds for those of us who channel surf constantly. Next is the removal of the 4x FF option, 15x is way too fast to see what's happening until you've gone way to far forward. I would love a 2x option, my reflexes aren't what they used to be. Using the DVR button to switch between Recording, Schedules, and Timers made things too easy I guess. I'll end with this pet peeve, not being able to use the # button on the remote to search for upcoming episodes of a show, on pretty much any screen you have a show highlighted.
End rant... :evil:

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
I will try it and let u know. It seems to be prominent on this message board of people complaining about how slow the new interface is unless u have the H3. I'm still not sure why dish did not discover this during testing.
Also we have switched the Joey to another room and it is still super slow. This is a separate issue from the interface issue as this Joey was slow before the update. I just need to know what I can do to get the Joey replaced because the interface update has made it much worse.
As for the interface being slow please pass it to your engineers and see what they can come up with to fix this issue.

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
Occheermommy wrote:
So I'm guessing dish doesn't care because they haven't responded at all to this thread.

Check the second post and guess again.

Yes they responded to the original but not all the other people that are upset about the upgrade and the issues it has caused. Trust me I read the whole thread

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I can only presume that the SW and graphics maybe hitting a performance limitation with the CPU that these units use. Not sure if DISH did any performance testing or if they did, maybe they consider it just acceptable. Even though the Joeys are kinda slow when navigating, it's not a shower stopper while I agree, there was a good performance drop when the new UI came out, specially on the Joeys. I hope there can be some performance improvement if possible.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I can only presume that the SW and graphics maybe hitting a performance limitation with the CPU that these units use. Not sure if DISH did any performance testing or if they did, maybe they consider it just acceptable. Even though the Joeys are kinda slow when navigating, it's not a shower stopper while I agree, there was a good performance drop when the new UI came out, specially on the Joeys. I hope there can be some performance improvement if possible.