Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New UpdateTroubles

eliotross
Extra
Since the update my receiver is really slow. Shows take forever to load off the dvr. Sometimes they won't load at all. Shows will just stop ad switch to live tv. I am about ready to switch to a different carrier

Re: New UpdateTroubles

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Have you considered changing to the Hopper3. The HWS is from 2013 and the processors are a bit slower. I have had the H3 since inception, and it's fantastic, plus more features.

Re: New UpdateTroubles

eliotross
Extra
I don't think I am ready for a new two year contract

Re: New UpdateTroubles

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Out of curiousity, who were you planning to get service with?

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

WFScooter
Camera Crew
peggyrh wrote:
The 4x speed was done away with in 2/16 when this software first came out for the Hopper 3. It's been mentioned often. Dish would have reinstated it by now if they were going to.

I hope you're wrong. I hope they are currently just working on bug fixes, of which there are many... At some point, they will go back and look at system enhancements. At least that is my wishful thinking.

I miss 4x, the mini guide staying on screen much longer, and other options missing since the update, but recordings showing up, not being split because the hopper rebooted in the middle of recording, plus other issues need to be addressed now.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

Chadt41411
Casting Director
WFScooter wrote:
peggyrh wrote:
The 4x speed was done away with in 2/16 when this software first came out for the Hopper 3. It's been mentioned often. Dish would have reinstated it by now if they were going to.

I hope you're wrong. I hope they are currently just working on bug fixes, of which there are many... At some point, they will go back and look at system enhancements. At least that is my wishful thinking.

I miss 4x, the mini guide staying on screen much longer, and other options missing since the update, but recordings showing up, not being split because the hopper rebooted in the middle of recording, plus other issues need to be addressed now.

As mentioned, this UI has been out for a year and half. There is no intention to bring it back. That said, the bugs taking place are almost entirely on the H1's and H2, but is working great on H3. It's due to the processor. The receivers are too old.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

WFScooter
Camera Crew
Chadt4141 wrote:
As mentioned, this UI has been out for a year and half. There is no intention to bring it back. That said, the bugs taking place are almost entirely on the H1's and H2, but is working great on H3. It's due to the processor. The receivers are too old.

I upgraded to the H3 about a month ago, and I still have recording issues and random reboots. The H3 is much faster, but I wouldn't say it's bug free by any means...
PS, when someone from Dish posts 4x is gone forever, I'll stop bugging them about it, thanks... :)

[i:29c6nmku]Actually that's a lie, I'll never stop bugging them about it. A 2x option would be great too.[/i:29c6nmku] :D

Re: New UpdateTroubles

hschlossberg
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
Have you considered changing to the Hopper3. The HWS is from 2013 and the processors are a bit slower. I have had the H3 since inception, and it's fantastic, plus more features.


I had the Hopper 2 for one day a couple weeks ago. I'd just started new service and you'd have thought they would automatically have provided a new customer with the latest technology. But no. I was on the phone with a tech three separate times that day. One of my complaints turned out to be a bug and the other two turned out to just be terrible interface that even the techs themselves had difficulty navigating through.

But the constant that I asked all three techs about was if the slowness was normal. Once I found out I only had the Hopper 2, I demanded a free upgrade (yes, I had to demand it because the rep tied to pull a couple different pricing scenarios over my eyes). The speed of the Hopper 3 is GREATLY improved over the Hopper 2; coming from DirecTV the Hopper 2's speed was completely unacceptable to me.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

hschlossberg
Character Actor
WFScooter wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:
As mentioned, this UI has been out for a year and half. There is no intention to bring it back. That said, the bugs taking place are almost entirely on the H1's and H2, but is working great on H3. It's due to the processor. The receivers are too old.

I upgraded to the H3 about a month ago, and I still have recording issues and random reboots. The H3 is much faster, but I wouldn't say it's bug free by any means...


I was told by technicians that the software on all Hoppers was exactly the same (just with different features enabled depending on the Hopper version). The same bugs that I saw on H2 also exist on H3. But the speed is MUCH better on H3 because of faster processors or increased memory..

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

peggyrh
Casting Director
Pretty sure the Dish reps confirmed the 4X speed option is gone, there have been a lot of posts about it in the past year & a half, don't know where I read it.