Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

tomkk
Extra
While watching the recording of a show while it is recording, there appears to be no way to stop watching the recording without stopping the recording of the rest of the show.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
tomkk wrote:
While watching the recording of a show while it is recording, there appears to be no way to stop watching the recording without stopping the recording of the rest of the show.

Just hit the DVR button to choose something else from the DVR, or hit a channel number to switch to live TV on that channel.

Cannot Record By Title With Latest Hopper Update

JW8675309
Extra
With the latest update, there doesn't seem to be a "Seek and Record" like option anymore. I need to be able to record programs by generic title. In example, sports listed in the guide on Bein Sports (Channel 392) may be labeled "Tennis" or "Women's Tennis", but are not treated as a series - so to record I have to set dozens of individual timers to record. This is unacceptable. Can anyone advise on this? Is this being addressed?

Re: DISH user interface "Upgrade" is terrible!

Duvall
Character Actor
When I contacted DISH regarding all the update issues I was told I have 3 options. One being live with it.
and this response from the rep

"I do have an option for you. With a 24 month agreement, we can upgrade your equipment to a more recent model that has better hardware and features. There are two options that I will list below for you.

The first would be the Hopper w/ Sling which is a direct upgrade to your current one. It would have no cost, and wouldn't change the monthly price at all. You can check http://www.mydish.com/hopper to see the differences between the two of them.

The other option, though in my opinion a better one, would be the Hopper 3. It has a one-time cost of $100, and would increase the bill by $3, but provides even better hardware of the Sling model, as well as coming with additional features like 16 tuners and the ability to do 4K."

There must be laws against forcing us to update the receivers software with a slow under performing version that wont work with the receiver we already leased or purchased, and then the only fix is to give them more money.

BadHopper
Extra
Did dish hire software engineers out of high school?? They suck.

How these so called engineers thought putting the caller ID on the bottom right of the screen was a good thing is beyond me. It's a total mystery as to[b:6mwb12he] how and if[/b:6mwb12he] they ever did product testing before forcing it on paid subscribers is beyond me.

TOTAL FAILURE - PLEASE FORCE YOUR software engineers to read all these pages of complaints, then force the HR department who hired them to read all the complaints and finally force the bean counters to read page after page of complaints. Get the picture?

I have so many complaints about this upgrade it's not even funny, please let us roll back the upgrade to a functional version -PLEASE

I'm hunting down someone that has Xfinity so I can see if I should switch - By the way they are cheaper than dish in my area when bundling high speed internet...

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Duvall wrote:
When I contacted DISH regarding all the update issues I was told I have 3 options. One being live with it.

"I do have an option for you. With a 24 month agreement, we can upgrade your equipment to a more recent model that has better hardware and features. There are two options that I will list below for you.

The first would be the Hopper w/ Sling which is a direct upgrade to your current one. It would have no cost, and wouldn't change the monthly price at all. You can check http://www.mydish.com/hopper to see the differences between the two of them.

The other option, though in my opinion a better one, would be the Hopper 3. It has a one-time cost of $100, and would increase the bill by $3, but provides even better hardware of the Sling model, as well as coming with additional features like 16 tuners and the ability to do 4K."

There must be laws against forcing us to update the receivers software with a slow under performing version that wont work with the receiver we already leased or purchased, and then the only fix is to give them more money.

You're not being forced. They are giving you additional options. They are not saying you cannot use your service if you don't upgrade it. It is not uncommon to want all lines of a receivers on a common software, which is what you're experiencing. This warning was given over a year in advance.

Re: Please add this feature to your next interface update

stevenmac1956
Audio Engineer
The next best thing is to go to standby and get a guide update after 1AM and a Shutdown normally happens right after. This works most of the time. Then you don't have a shutdown while you are watching.
In other words let it happen and get it over with.
In case no one noticed Shutdowns don't happen every night anymore.

skyrick
Extra
Duvall wrote:

Thanks Duvall, that's some good info. I may take advantage of one of those options.

I agree that it seems to be a source of recurring revenue for DISH to upgrade its software so that it only works well with a hardware upgrade (that you have to pay for!), but this is the world in which we live. Capitalism rules, damn the consumer.

However, short of being able to cherry-pick your channels, I believe DISH is still the best option for me.

Re: New hopper interface is terrible

wvricky2
Costume Designer
Hi, Jbuckley1996. Don't you just hate it when you post a scathing critique and not one person - DIRT member or a fellow subscriber - will respond? I know I do. And I can only bite my tongue for so long. So I will add to your comments, this statement, "Where is everybody?" Don't you DIRT people have the nerve to react to his concerns?" We are all strongly agitated by DISH's attitude and HO - HUM, "You're stuck with the new User Interface and trouble - causing software updates for the duration of your contract. Like it or lump it!!!" position. It makes a normally calm, nice person, turn into a rude, blustering blowhard.

Re: Please add this feature to your next interface update

RickObe
Visual Engineer
scotar wrote:
RickObe wrote:
With the new interface, as long as you turn off the Hopper when you're not using it, you should not get the auto shutdown at 1am that happened with the old interface. If you do not shut off the Hopper and you disable the Inactivity Timeout (Settings > Power), then it will reset after 72 hours.
Aaaannnd what if you have recordings scheduled during that time and/or happen to always be watching TV at that time?

If you put it in standby when not in use, you should be fine. No shutdowns while watching or recording. But if you don't put it in standby for 72 hours, then it will shut down while watching.