Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow After Update

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Go into the diagnostics of the hopper. If you've had this unit for several years then it's not a newer generation model or Hopper 3. I presume the CPU on older DVRs may not be as fast or handle newer software updates as good as the Hopper 3 does. If you have had this unit for a while or it's deemed a 1st generation Hopper, you might want to get into a Hopper 3. I did back in 2016 and it's been good for me.

Re: Updated software

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Go into the diagnostics of the hopper. If you've had this unit for several years then it's not a newer generation model or Hopper 3. I presume the CPU on older DVRs may not be as fast or handle newer software updates as good as the Hopper 3 does. If you have had this unit for a while or it's deemed a 1st generation Hopper, you might want to get into a Hopper 3. I did back in 2016 and it's been good for me.

Mister Bill wrote:
I have the same problem with an older Hopper. I even started a thread a while back but didn't get much, if any, help there. https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20823

I had the jump feature for a while but it has stopped. The biggest problem, other than EVERYTHING being so slow is with the DVR. Often I try to open a folder or play a recorded program and the little progress bars just keep going back and forth like it's trying to load. I have to exit the DVR then open it back up to get either the Folder to open or a show to load.

I've heard it mentioned to do a partial reset. If I do that will I have to put all the timers back in? What exactly would I have to re-do if I do the partial reset?

FYI....this ALL started after the big update. I hardly had any problems before the update.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The front left of your Hopper will say Hopper Blockbuster or Hopper Sling.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Confirmed, Hopper 3 says Sling for me. ;)

Re: New Interface Software Problems

olds4422
Audio Engineer
Caller id History is listed under My Account Info.. It dont belong there cause it has nothing to do with dish account, but hey there is alot question able things in carbon ui,

4k joeys respond as fast as hopper it self, no clue about the 2.0/1.0/ wireless joeys

there alot issue with hopper system most notibably atm is there screw up of the guide/timers not work which been on going for 3 months

Re: New Interface Software Problems

Beastdrvr
Character Actor
Though, you really don't get most of the answers you're hoping for, Dish has replied to emails I've sent to the address listed below. Mostly you get ' it's a known problem' or 'that's new, I'll forward to developers. ' You also get a lot of 'did you try unplugging the box?'
Though, I admit, i did get a very useful button shortcut that wasn't listed anywhere else. In dvr menu, selecting jump fwd or jump backward will jump tabs at top of page without having to move to actual tab. but be warned, it's slow to respond. If you hit it twice thinking it didn't register, when it catches up, it will jump 2 tabs.

Come on Dish, you but out a bad User Interface, If we can't go back to old one, please fix this one!

fyi..Its called Carbon User Interface

Interface Upgrade- Feedback

brianna0039
Extra
I have done a little searching and have yet to find a good thread for all things regarding the new interface upgrade so I figured I'd start on as a have a few important questions that others might have too. So anyone feel free to add to this thread.

I understand that this should be just in interface/GUI upgrade,but want to be 100% sure.

1. Will my timers remain intact after the upgrade?

2. Will my recordings remain intact?

3. Any known problems with these 2 things (for people who have already upgraded)

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Where features are used different on the receiver there are no major issues.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

New Hopper Update

crimewatcher
Costume Designer
Just updated my Hoppers and cannot list recorded DVR shows by episode. They are grouped by series title. Also the shows are sorted with the newest at the top with NO way to change this. Displaying shows with the new ones on top does NOT make any sense!! :evil:

Then when you select a series title, the shows are displayed with the newest on top and again, NO way to change this. One workaround for this is to sort shows by episode number and when selecting a series title, it automatically moves to the oldest episode.

This update can be downloaded manually right now and takes around 40 minutes to complete. The update will automatically install itself on June 8th.

Re: Interface Upgrade Q&A

rjak3004
Extra
Get ready for a horrific slowdown if you don't have the Hopper 3. :(