Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated software

davebartell
Character Actor
True. Mine is 3-4x slower. It is now the worst performing device in my set up. Apple TV, Fire TV - slick, fast. Dish is now click and wait.

Worse, non of the timers work. Called Dish support 4 times. Varies between no clue, known problem and waiting for update, to delete and redo all timers. Nothing works. Tech on the way today. Guy last night, call 5, said it was hardware.

Never did one of them suggest resetting the device

davebartell
Character Actor
Timers are not working. "Know issue" per VanessaK, Dish Media Rep on 3/21 posted in "DVR Going Wonky" Dish Support Forum.. Tech support by phone denied on 2 calls and acknowleded on 2 others. Yesterday when I call to cancel service the guy said it was a hardware problem. Signs of a desparate company.

DISH Employee
I see that you have contacted us directly to have someone look into your issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about your DISH service.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
which model of dvr?

Roadapple wrote:
When we returned from vacation our dvr had updated software. The problem is it is so sllooooooooooww.
Everything I click on is slow. Since I don't see anyone else complaining about this, is it only on our dvr?

New Interface Software Problems

slclemens
Camera Crew
I have tried several times to call tech support and customer service about the numerous problems with the new hopper/DVR interface. I was told to check online, but there does not seem to be topics on these issues, so I thought we should start listing them (in no particular order):

Caller ID history no longer available
Search history no longer available
Interface very sluggish
Program guide no longer provides access to all channels
Caller ID did not work at all at first and now in very small font at bottom of screen
Program timers supeceded by primetime anytime and have to be restored every time

Re: New Interface Software Problems

Adtranz
Extra
I have the Hopper w/Sling and an OTA module connected. I recently purchased and installed a Hopper GO which forced the software upgrade. Now when I access the MENU / SETTINGS / OTA, the receiver crashes after about 2 seconds and does a "Receiver Restart" on it's own, which takes several minutes. The result is that I now have no control over the OTA channels that are shown in the guide. I reported the issue to tech support on 4/15/17.

Mister Bill
Character Actor
I have the same problem with an older Hopper. I even started a thread a while back but didn't get much, if any, help there. https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20823

I had the jump feature for a while but it has stopped. The biggest problem, other than EVERYTHING being so slow is with the DVR. Often I try to open a folder or play a recorded program and the little progress bars just keep going back and forth like it's trying to load. I have to exit the DVR then open it back up to get either the Folder to open or a show to load.

I've heard it mentioned to do a partial reset. If I do that will I have to put all the timers back in? What exactly would I have to re-do if I do the partial reset?

FYI....this ALL started after the big update. I hardly had any problems before the update.

Rivertonpaul
Character Actor
Agreed things were running smoothly now everything is just terribly inconsistent slow and unreliable. And I am not running old Hardware.

Re: New Interface Software Problems

Beastdrvr
Character Actor
I really don't like the new user interface. It seems to be full of bugs and just stupid changes. I would like to hear from other Dish customers about new interface, I've gotten no help from Dish phone tech support.
Here are just a few of my issues:
..Response time too slow, especially on joeys
..No 4x fast forward. 15x to fast usually
..On dvr screen(menu) tabs at top do not have 1 button access as in old interface. If not at top of screen, you have to scroll back to top to get to tabs. also, once tab is selected, I would like to have to hit ok or something, not have tabs function just start.
..Auto play is backwards, plays episodes 10 to 1, instead of 1-10.
..At end of a dvr'ed recording of a series, "next in line" suggestion menu is iffy on Hopper recordings and non existent on ext. hd. Especially if you fast forward to end of recording. It just sits on Playback complete..for ever. Old interface would show all following programing, both Hopper and ext. hd recordings and at end of program, would give you a minute perhaps, then revert to live tv. ( just left tv on playback ended screen for like 20 minutes, after flashing several times, now have black screen, only two buttons that seem to function id Guide and dvr. Otherwise its frozen.)
..On DVR menu, selecting options, expand/collapse all seasons 1st should toggle to a setting and then STAY there. Now it always has expand and if you want to collapse, you have to go through the process twice. EVERY TIME! I want all seasons to be collapsed all the time and only expanded when I select that season when dvr'd show is selected.
..External hard drive takes to many steps to access, used to be much easier
..External hard drive recordings replay very iffy, sometimes using "skip fwd" button a couple of times will jump to end of recording, even if it's a two hour movie and you're just trying to get through opening credits, then it freezes
On ext. HD, if watching a series, after episode is over, does not revert back to ext hd recordings but to Hopper recordings, must go through multiple steps to get back to ext hd.
..I would like to be able to export the Folders the ext hd also. Not sure, but I think I was able to do this pre Hopper.
Thats enouph for now..

Beastdrvr
Character Actor
Posted this Yesterday.
I really don't like the new user interface. It seems to be full of bugs and just stupid changes. I would like to hear from other Dish customers about new interface, I've gotten no help from Dish phone tech support.
Here are just a few of my issues:
..Response time too slow, especially on joeys
..No 4x fast forward. 15x to fast usually
..On dvr screen(menu) tabs at top do not have 1 button access as in old interface. If not at top of screen, you have to scroll back to top to get to tabs. also, once tab is selected, I would like to have to hit ok or something, not have tabs function just start.
..Auto play is backwards, plays episodes 10 to 1, instead of 1-10.
..At end of a dvr'ed recording of a series, "next in line" suggestion menu is iffy on Hopper recordings and non existent on ext. hd. Especially if you fast forward to end of recording. It just sits on Playback complete..for ever. Old interface would show all following programing, both Hopper and ext. hd recordings and at end of program, would give you a minute perhaps, then revert to live tv. ( just left tv on playback ended screen for like 20 minutes, after flashing several times, now have black screen, only two buttons that seem to function id Guide and dvr. Otherwise its frozen.)
..On DVR menu, selecting options, expand/collapse all seasons 1st should toggle to a setting and then STAY there. Now it always has expand and if you want to collapse, you have to go through the process twice. EVERY TIME! I want all seasons to be collapsed all the time and only expanded when I select that season when dvr'd show is selected.
..External hard drive takes to many steps to access, used to be much easier
..External hard drive recordings replay very iffy, sometimes using "skip fwd" button a couple of times will jump to end of recording, even if it's a two hour movie and you're just trying to get through opening credits, then it freezes
On ext. HD, if watching a series, after episode is over, does not revert back to ext hd recordings but to Hopper recordings, must go through multiple steps to get back to ext hd.
..I would like to be able to export the Folders the ext hd also. Not sure, but I think I was able to do this pre Hopper.
Thats enouph for now..