Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New interface disrupting joey

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Does the Joey have the same Carbon UI as the Hopper? If not, you need to allow it to update as well.

New interface deleted a resume function

dennisan
Extra
I updated (by accident) to the new interface today and am very disappointed.
I no longer can resume a program I am currently recording. That function is gone.
For example I'd be watching a baseball game and turn off the TV and hopper to have dinner.
I could then resume the game even though the program was still recording. Now I have to start over or join in progress. The resume while recording is a function that could have been easily retained.
If that's not bad enough I have to go thru many more menus to do something simple.
I could just delete a show on my DVR menu with one click. Now I have to go to another screen to do it.
The interface is painfully slow!
I've talked to customer service and yea I'll get some free programming but my long term relationship with dish may end considering this new interface and the monthly bill.
I asked to have my old interface restored but they can't.
When I upgraded to Windows 10 there was a time when you could choose to restore windows 7. Why not dish?

Re: DVR Recordings not working after new Update

Gracesmom4
Extra
Same thing happened to me today. What are the stops to resolve?

Re: DVR Recordings not working after new Update

DISH Employee
Gracesmom4 wrote:
Same thing happened to me today. What are the stops to resolve?

Gracesmom4. Was your question regarding the previews that were recorded?
The free channels can be recorded but when the free channel promotion ends, it's possible the programming may not play back as you have to have a subscription to that channel.

Re: New interface deleted a resume function

azbruno
Character Actor
This sounds like an issue I've had with both the old and new interface. I'd record a show and start watching the recorded version before the recording had finished. If I turned off the TV and came back to it, it would not resume from where I left off. Sometimes it worked as I'd expect and other times not so I never figured it out. I would just note where in the show I was and if I had to start the playback from the beginning I'd speed through to the point I left off.

Re: New interface deleted a resume function

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Does Pause not work?

Fast Forward with new update too fast

tetrode
Character Actor
The new update now just a few days old for the original Hopper w/Sling (not the Hopper 3) has removed fast-forward and fast reverse at 4X speed. 15X is way too fast resulting in passing up the desired content.

This is often an irritation. Since 4X was enabled in the previous software it can be re-enabled in the current software. Please return this functionality.

Re: Fast Forward with new update too fast

DISH Employee
tetrode wrote:
The new update now just a few days old for the original Hopper w/Sling (not the Hopper 3) has removed fast-forward and fast reverse at 4X speed. 15X is way too fast resulting in passing up the desired content.

This is often an irritation. Since 4X was enabled in the previous software it can be re-enabled in the current software. Please return this functionality.

I do apologize for any inconvenience. We can certainly forward your feedback about the new User Interface to our corporate offices.

The new update is horrible

erinham
Extra
Since the automatic update nothing works like it used to. My hopper always says it's recording something when it's not, deleted shows are showing back in my recordings and everything is so freaking slow. I tried "chatting" with a customer service agent and they couldn't help me with anything. I just want it to go back like before. I reset the hopper and that made it worse. When I click on a recording it just gives me the the blue "thinking" lines. This is ridiculous! If it's not fixed in a couple days I am going to call and cancel my service.

Re: Dish please respond- slowdown since new interface

senginc
Extra
Upgraded the software on my 2 older (1st version) Hoppers.

They are both incredibly slow responding.
I called requesting a rollback to original software but was told it can't be done.

Getting close to cancelling Dish unless they provide Hopper 3 (provided it is faster) without upgrade fee.

Joey is so slow responding that Fast Forward is not practical to use because audio takes about 15-20 seconds to restart after video play resumes.