Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

toomuchinfo
Extra
Peggy: that is ludicrous. Old equip diesnt get slower. Its the poor interface programming and Dishs lack of respect for their customers.

Chad: thanks for warning. At least cancelling my service of nearly 20 yrs will send a msg

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The older electronics get, while everything else gets updated(programming, software, etc), will in fact slow down. The H1’s struggle with the CUI because there is so much involved, and the H1’s are using yesteryears technology.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Exactly, how many of us are still using 6 year old phones, tablets or laptops?
Highlighted

Re: New Interface Corrupting Closed Captioning

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
It just says Hopper; I cannot find a model number or any other identifying name anywhere on the hopper or in the literature it came with; I think it is the first version.

I did not ever have this problem until they switched it over to the new problem software; in fact, I have had nothing but problems since they changed it over a few days ago.

The TV itself plays subtitles/closed-captioning perfectly fine from any other source.

Via the hopper, sometimes I get a few sentences that are fine and then just a bunch of gibberish.

Re: New Hopper Interface Update not on Joey

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
No. It’s honestly just a matter of time. The old UI is no longer valid, as it has been obsoleted.

I think I have a workaround that will keep my joey on the old interface, --- that is providing they haven't ruined it as well in the last few hours.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
peggyrh wrote:
Exactly, how many of us are still using 6 year old phones, tablets or laptops?

My flip-phone was new in 2008 and still works where many others won't.

I have eight computers, seven towers and one old laptop that is only used as a portable photo album; the newest of these is 2012 and all are still going strong (the secret is to turn off automatic updates and not allow anything to get "upgraded" )

I absolutely refuse to own a computer-controlled vehicle and I always get where I am going.

The trouble is there are more gullible sheep than wise old goats.

tommyy2
Cinematographer
Dish has chosen to install a New Interface on equipment that obviously cannot run it properly. Had they not done so there would not be all these problems we read about here. I cannot believe Dish was not aware of all the problems this would cause and yet they did it anyway. The only explanation I can think of is that Dish accepted that they would cause a forced migration away from all the old Hoppers. The performance has become so abysmal I can think of no one who would voluntary stay.

The only question is where all those users will be migrating to: H3, Direct TV, OTA, or Cable, and who will offer them the best incentive,

cdaustx
Extra
Can't express how much I hate the new interface and software upgrade. It's incredibly slow and the Joey's repeatedly tell me they've lost connection and to unplug for 10 seconds to restart. With the old interface, I simply had to click on a show in the future to schedule a recording... now, I do the same thing and there's no visual confirmation that it's going to record... Sometimes you click on a show to watch from DVR and it just thinks continually until you back up and start over. What a mess.

I would call support but I would be told to restart the hopper and joeys... which has all been done mulitiple times. I'm tired of it...

Thinking of un-plugging.

jl818
Extra
The issue is Dish released an update that is not working on its existing install base. I like interface updates, but not when it's worse than before and sluggish. Btw, it's still a worse update even if the performance is up to par. The screen real estate is utilized poorly.

tommyy2
Cinematographer
jl818 wrote:
The issue is Dish released an update that is not working on its existing install base. I like interface updates, but not when it's worse than before and sluggish. Btw, it's still a worse update even if the performance is up to par. The screen real estate is utilized poorly.

Do you think it's remotely possible that Dish did not know that putting this new UI on the Hopper 1 would not be a catastrophe???