Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

stardust
Extra
feedback on the upgrade: can you say; bugs after bugs, after bugs……. I haven't tried everything yet but, when I click on the dvr option, and click on a particular show, it does not load properly. it either loads the wrong program or it doesn't load at all. I have to cancel and go back into the dvr several times before it loads the program requested. It takes forever for recordings to load…… it has even stated I have watched a particular program when I have not. Plus, once I delete a program, I have found that it does not get deleted. This is Frustrating.

Also, none of my Joeys show scheduled programs; therefore, I am unable to modify my programming from them - like I was able to do before. Plus, while try’g to revise my scheduled programming, it does not list the full week; it doesn’t even list the current day plus the next day. How do I get the system to show the full week of programming?

If our current equipment is outdated and cannot support this update, we should be sent updated equipment for no charge - since the update that doesn’t even work properly was not requested by us. If our current equipment can support the upgrade, what do we need to do in order for it to work properly? This has irritated me enough to start shopping around for different services.

kpersonett
Character Actor
stardust wrote:
If our current equipment is outdated and cannot support this update, we should be sent updated equipment for no charge - since the update that doesn’t even work properly was not requested by us.

In the case where the Hopper and Joey equipment is leased (like most of us do), 100% in agreement.

I've noticed that when a show that I am viewing from DVR ends, I am no longer presented with the termination dialog... it just freezes at the last frame, leaving you to wonder if it is over or if the damn software locked up. This also means that I am not allowed to efficiently select the subsequent episode to view.

Upon further investigation, it is confirmed... Search history is now gone and the feature is no longer present. SO now, instead of selecting from around 20 saved searches on a weekly basis, I now have to enter the search strings every time, with a text entry interface that is now garbage and is much slower!
Highlighted

New Interface Corrupting Closed Captioning

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
I am "hard of hearing" and have came to rely on the printed text closed captioning in order to keep up with what is being said, which is often far more important than what is seen.

At first, I thought it was specific to the particular programs that I was viewing, but have since decided that it is all programs across the board.

No matter what I watch, the closed captioning is all garbled and corrupted, with dollar signs and various other symbols mixed with random letters and numbers that make no sense.

Hardly ever is a complete sentence shown that is not corrupted to some extent; and, often several minutes of dialogue will be captioned as unintelligible gibberish.

I know what the fix for this would be, upgrade the software to the old software that did not have all these problems.

Until that is done, is there anything I can do to get this fixed ?

Re: New Hopper Interface Update not on Joey

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
SamanthaF wrote:
To force the Joeys to pick up the new update the Hopper got, you will need to place all the equipment, even the Hopper on standby for 30 mins to an hour. To do this just press the power button on the receivers to turn them off. The TV's should say DISH on standby, press any button to watch TV.

Is there something I can do to PREVENT our Joey from switching to the new headache ?

If I can somehow keep the old interface on my Joey, I will relocate it to the main TV room and just use it instead of this mess I am currently trying to deal with.

Re: New Hopper Interface Update not on Joey

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No. It’s honestly just a matter of time. The old UI is no longer valid, as it has been obsoleted.

Re: New Interface Corrupting Closed Captioning

DISH Employee
If you turn the closed captioning off through the Hopper is it still having the same issue? I'm wondering if it's going through the television instead of the actual Hopper. I always use closed captions as well and I've never seen this before.

Re: New Interface Corrupting Closed Captioning

tommyy2
Cinematographer
Perhaps knowing what version of the Hopper and the software level would be helpful?

toomuchinfo
Extra
Thanks for the crappy new interface. How did you manage to make it even slower? Not only slower but also more screens to blunder through. If I cant find a thread here that shows how to revert back then its hello directv. Dont tell me to upgrade to latest box. If you cant program a ui to be efficient then you dont know programming.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Already been posted numerous times, there is no way to revert back. You're using old equipment that only gets slower over time just like all other electronics.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Directv just did the same... don’t think that would solve your issue.