Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

peggyrh
Casting Director
And so does every other company, it's the way the world works.

jillride45
Extra
I understand that everyone has covered all the major problems with the update by now, but I want to share that DISH technicians are not even informed about the update features. I had Direct TV and then Cable, both were good. Decided to switch to DISH to give the Hopper 3 a try. I have had several different DVRs so I knew what I was looking for in a DVR before making the switch. I called technical support and spoke with them and they assured me that if I went with the Hopper 3 the Fast Forward/Reverse settings would be 2X 4X 8X and not 15X 60X 300X as on the older Hoppers. They said a new remote would be required and the technician would have everything. Guess what, the DISH technical support was dead wrong as you all know. Now I am stuck in a 2 year contract with a DVR that you cannot control. The Dish guy offered me a 1 month premium channel for giving incorrect information that led me to sign a 2 year contract. This is all now going to the better business bureau, at least they will have record of the games DISH is playing. For potential new customers I say, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DISH
Highlighted

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
salyavin wrote:

Here is one bug that is really starting to get to me as well, it is restoring of deleted items overnight. Not all of them but random shows. Last night I even emptied my trash. Go to bed with empty trash wake up with restored videos, so even emptying the trash does not fix it. I have to keep having to delete items multiple times. I think I am on my third day on this update.

I am having this exact same problem as well; in fact, I am having nothing but problems with this new crap software.

This is also probably day three for me and what is really weird is that things I deleted several days prior to the downgrade show back up.

With the stupid way that shows are now listed, it is much harder to weed out these already once (or twice) deleted shows.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
SamanthaF wrote:
This update is needed to keep your Hoppers running at peak performance.

That statement is a joke; my hopper was running fine prior to this nightmare downgrade that was forced upon it; now, it is a fight that I often lose just trying to watch something.

tobyshouse
Character Actor
Why is there so many bugs included in the update if it has been running on newer hoppers for 2 years?? :evil:

Hopper interface is twice as slow now after update for all functions...
External hard drives not showing up even plugging only 1 directly to front of hopper....
DVR schedule won't show anything longer than 24 hours on hopper only???
When scheduling a recording from guide it just stays searching for available programs, have to hit live tv or dvr button each time i want to record something new. This is for the hopper and joeys...
No DVR recording schedule shows up on all 3 of my joey's...
after watching a recording i have to go back to main dvr screen to watch another episode of same series...

I'm running original hopper with 3 original joey's and have never had any of these problems until the hopper update last week... Dish really dropped the ball on this one. :twisted:

Re: New Hopper Interface Update not on Joey

tobyshouse
Character Actor
My joeys have not updated as well, which is probably a good thing... The hopper update is horrible!

Bugs, bugs, bugs:

Hopper interface is twice as slow now after update for all functions...
External hard drives not showing up even plugging only 1 directly to front of hopper....
DVR schedule won't show anything longer than 24 hours on hopper only???
When scheduling a recording from guide it just stays searching for available programs, have to hit live tv or dvr button each time i want to record something new. This is for the hopper and joeys...
No DVR recording schedule shows up on all 3 of my joey's...
after watching a recording i have to go back to main dvr screen to watch another episode of same series...

I'm running original hopper with 3 original joey's and have never had any of these problems until the hopper update last week... Dish really dropped the ball on this one. :twisted:

DISH Employee
tobyshouse wrote:

If you've got the Hopper 2000 I may be able to get you into a newer Hopper box. If you'd like me to check on this, please send me a Private Message with your phone/account number and your 4-digit PIN!

kpersonett
Character Actor
salyavin wrote:
Here is one bug that is really starting to get to me as well, it is restoring of deleted items overnight.

Ok, so I'm not crazy and imagining that I had deleted some recordings that were present...

If I ever released a module of our product with this many bugs and performance issues, I wouldn't have my job for very long.

SmokinBird
Extra
I am also having this issue. I have tried a number of things but my joeys will not update. I wouldn't care but without the update my Joeys won't search and On-demand doesn't work on the Joeys.

DISH Employee
To force the Joeys to pick up the new update the Hopper got, you will need to place all the equipment, even the Hopper on standby for 30 mins to an hour. To do this just press the power button on the receivers to turn them off. The TV's should say DISH on standby, press any button to watch TV.