cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Problems following Updae

TG2
Character Actor
I've 2 DVR's 1 Joey, we only record PTAT on one DVR.

just so happens that we also can no longer play any PTAT shows ... the only thankful part is that the summer season was upon us so really no new shows.. but that's all coming to a head over the next two ~ three weeks as early end of summer stuff starts.

Its been about 2 months with this crap software update, and they've known about all this garbage since Feb 2016. I wish someone would start a class action against dish for this. crappy software, non-existent software/hardware support, and then moderators that sensor when people are rightfully upset with dish.

No wonder they have such a horrible customer service reputation.

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

Chadt41411
Casting Director
They are actually rated number 1 in customer service by JD Powers, and the ACSI in telecom.

This software update has been out since Feb 2016 on the hopper3, but those with the H3 are not experiencing most those issues, mainly because of a faster processor.

Every customer has an arbitration clause. Not going to see a Class Action anytime soon.

MidtownAtl
Extra
So dish employees, where is the fix that was in the works? There was a software update over a week ago but it didn't do much in solving the issues

Chadt41411
Casting Director
MidtownAtl wrote:
So dish employees, where is the fix that was in the works? There was a software update over a week ago but it didn't do much in solving the issues

Every post I have seen about it has said 8/15...

If it's not broken, don't fix it!

Jwohlf
Extra
DISH, your recent update, broke so many things. Thank you for the following challenges:
1. I can no longer sort my DVR recordings on "genre." You replaced it by "date" What did it hurt anyone that I liked to sort by genre?
2. Its slower. So, I now get to wait longer before my TV reacts to remote control requests; channel change, dvr searches, guide usage
3. I can no longer rewind live TV, pause, or fast forward a dvr recording.
4. Simply won't launch a program. Sometimes I get to watch a blank screen, or sit down to watch dvr recording only to see that too is blank.
Thank you DISH.

Jwohlf
Extra
Oh...mine is slow! You're no alone. Several things happened after the upgrade. Basically DISH broke my satisfaction of this system.
Here are several changes that I get to enjoy now.
1. I can no longer sort my DVR recordings on "genre." You replaced it by "date" What did it hurt anyone that I liked to sort by genre?
2. Its slower. So, I now get to wait longer before my TV reacts to remote control requests; channel change, dvr searches, guide usage
4. Simply won't launch a program. Sometimes I get to watch a blank screen, or sit down to watch dvr recording only to see that too is blank.
Thank you DISH.

msa651
Camera Crew
Here,s a new problem I just found. Hopper w/sling one Joey. I can start watching a recorded show on the hopper, stop, pick up where I left off on the Joey. If I reverse the order, start watching on the Joey stop, try to pick up where I left off on the hopper, I can see how much time is left, but only have the choice to start from the beginning not from where I left off. Worked before the upgrade.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Jwohlf wrote:
Oh...mine is slow! You're no alone. Several things happened after the upgrade. Basically DISH broke my satisfaction of this system.
Here are several changes that I get to enjoy now.
Thank you DISH.

Hopper3 would resolve many of your complaints.

This Sucks

dawacha
Extra
Every day a new problem with the "enhanced" software. Program recording on 2 tuners. Attempt to stop one tuner to free it up, and BOTH recordings stop. In adding all the new worthless "enhancements" they have reached the point where they have totally screwed up the basic functions of the receiver. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?

Re: This Sucks

TG2
Character Actor
We're all asking the same question and all we get from Dish is the sounds of crickets humping..

yeah.. this is what I pay 120 a month for..