Interface Upgrade- Feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interface Upgrade- Feedback

DISH Employee
gwtill wrote:
Thanks for the info Chad. It is pretty sad that no one from Dish bothered to reply. I even pm'd one but so far no reply. I was not aware I would have to replace my LNB and hub. That makes purchasing my own unrealistic.

Be sure and check out the post here for hours and days off of the agent you pm'd. For immediate assistance there are links for Facebook, Twitter, and Chat as well -
https://forum.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18087.

EnglishJim
Character Actor
Maybe the only way is to vote with your feet. I think they violated my contract when Dish upgraded to a buggy update. When I use the guide the information is 3 seconds behind the channel. It is soooo slow and they know it
Highlighted

Chadt41411
Casting Director
EnglishJim wrote:
Maybe the only way is to vote with your feet. I think they violated my contract when Dish upgraded to a buggy update. When I use the guide the information is 3 seconds behind the channel. It is soooo slow and they know it

THe problem is that it is actually covered in the contract, so if you leave prior to the completion of a commitment, the ETF would be valid.

anitdua
Character Actor
So I ordered this pay per movie Resident Evil, final chapter on Friday might to view. I went to my rentals but when I click "Watch" nothing happens, called Dish they told me that they are having issues and they are trying to fix it, I have had similar problem with other rentals since the upgrade from hell . Not to mention hat the DVD continues to be so slow, search option is far worse and cumbersome now.

Have decided to quit Dish next week, will pay my 6 months remaining cancellation charge, have called then 5-6 times since the "upgrade", one problem after another, DISH promises to fix it, but they have not done Jack Schitt, just complete waste of time and frustration calling them adding insult to injury.

At this rate can only see an exodus of Dish Customers

Feisty49
Extra
The upgrade, which occurred earlier this month for me, did not make using Dish better or more efficient. I'm used to most of it, but still not pleased.

My biggest complaint is not being able to search and set a recording for a future TV show that is not yet released. All networks are starting to run advertisements for the fall line up. Before the upgrade, I could search for a new show, be told it's not found but choose to record when it does come on.

With the update, I can't do this. I choose search, enter the title of the show and since it's not yet on TV, there are no choices to record when it is available.

Anybody else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

familyhoag
Extra
Arggg!! Sitting here trying to download a simple episode of VEEP on HBO on demand and it says download failed. We have had a terrible experience with this upgrade. Everything is sooooo slow and we can't even use the simple features we pay for much less any extras. Our DVR takes for ever to load and streaming is almost impossible now. We used to be able to watch shows on demand at almost the same speed as Netflix when rolling from episode to episode. Now we can't even hardly get it to load the guide for on demand to see the shows. Also, when we click on a show or title, we don't get the title we were clicking on because the DVR can't keep up with the remote. This is a disaster and certainly not worth the money we pay. There are many more options available for streaming and just viewing in general. We have been DISH customers for literally 20 years and I will admit it has been a rocky road for us but we have remained loyal. It is probably time to cut the cord....

DISH Employee
We would like to review your account. Please private message your account/phone and 4 digit PIN.

Suzyq1754
Extra
I've been a loyal dish customer for many years. This upgrade has me questioning that decision. The software wasn't as good as my 10 year old TiVo before the upgrade but it worked reasonably well. Now it's just terrible. My hopper randomly restarts or goes into standby mode several times a day (especially when paused). When it restarts it frequently just gives me a black screen and I end up having to do a manual reset. This leaves me with many hours of black screen recordings. It's so slow that I have to release the buttons on the remote and wait for it to catch up. The search is now useless as it does not give you ALL the showtimes. You have to navigate each individual episode to find the other showtimes and sometimes it gives u nothing unless you actually type the letters into the search. (So much for the hit 0 shortcut) The timers no longer work properly and when you edit a scheduled recording the rest of the schedule disappears so if u want to make other changes you have to keep exiting the timer schedule and start over. Many of the edits don't ever go into affect anyway. I could go on with all the glitches (aside from the horrible, amateur guide and layout) but what would be the point. I think it's time to jump ship.

BadHopper
Extra
I've used Dish since the 90's but since this god awful junk they turned the system into I have been in contact with Xfinity. Bundling all the same channels and internet it will save me nearly $100 a month. This is a no brainer since Dish wont even let us know what they are doing to solve this unbearable situation. I suggest that everyone check out company near you...

New timer bugg

olds4422
Audio Engineer
you use to be able to only have 1 timer for a show series set to record new or new and reruns when looking at show currently play if there was series timer for already there would be no "record series" option in the guide

After the last update Show that have a series timer that currently playing now has "record series" option..

Example of this
110 food network

Chopped

Future airings show the timer icon next to cause there series timer for, but "chopped" episode that is currently playing as of the last update now show "record series" option when there is already series timer, which has result in me have 4+ timers of same series by the same user.

Kindly get rid of pos guide providers you have or tell them to fix there [b:wcipyfm1]XXXX[/b:wcipyfm1] and fix the above issue, i getting tired of going threw the timers and find 4+ series timer from multiple users that started after the last update the system is now to stupid to know there is already a series timer. if this was attempt to let mulitple user record the same show and have it sent to there folder. just add a "make copy" option timer settings that let you put copy of that show in more then 1 user folder.

the issue with guide system and timers just keep getting worse. I guess they trying to run people off. I wish i never agreed to another 2 year agreement just to get 15$ off my bill for those 2 years.

[b:wcipyfm1]MOD EDIT: REFRAIN FROM THE USE OF PROFANITY [/b:wcipyfm1]